Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackson, Mississippi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suspense is killing me.

Still nothing on supercharge.info, or on the car's nav screen (just checked, and had an OTA update last night). The Tesla website still has the "coming soon" pin which has been there since november 2015.

Can anyone confirm the Jackson Supercharger?

Neither Seattle nor Minneapolis have superchargers close enough that you can drive any amount around the city and get back to a supercharger with a decent reserve. It's not enough to have superchargers 100 miles away from a city unless you also have one in the city. You can drive through those cities, you just can't visit them.
Huh? Superchargers aren't designed for 'driving around and visiting" They are designed for transiting. Destination chargers are for visiting and there's plenty of them where you mentioned

Reactions: Chuq and purplewalt
The Jackson, MS Supercharger is showing up in the Model S Navigation System this morning as:

Bass Pro Dr.
Pearl, MS

Off I-20 just East of I-55.

Screenshot 2016-03-31 06.25.31.png
Screenshot 2016-03-31 06.22.29.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ggnykk and bollar
WooHoo!

Confirmed on my nav system this morning. Very convenient to the 55->49->98->10 route from Memphis to Destin. Not the most direct route, but close enough ;) Tupelo and Meridian are on the 2016 map, and they willl easily fill out the best route down 45.

New Orleans to Chicago will have to wait for the 520 mile gap centered just north of Memphis to be closed. This is huge progress, though

Awesome.

True progress.

Not just a permit, but a bona fide NEW Supercharger.

Baby steps toward filling I-20 in, and start of route North to Memphis on I-55.

So, will Supercharger connection to Memphis come from South?
Or to the East toward Nashville?

And with a couple of coins in TM pocket from today's Model 3 Reservations, will I-20 Supercharger Route East // West ATL to DFW get some renewed attention and traction?

Reactions: bollar
Flyeyes, I owe you a beer. Awesome to see.

The other guys already started to answer your question. Charge rate is demonstrated on the instrument cluster as volts and amp.s Multiply them and divide by 1000, you've got your charge rate. Its determined by the lesser of charger's ability to deliver and car's ability to accept.

The more full the battery gets (and this is a simplification) the slower it can accept charge. Since you drove 215 miles from Memphis to Jackson, your state of charge should have been no more than 20% full, which is a good area for fast charging. Alternatively, if you drove 25 miles and started with a full charge charge your battery would still have a SOC of roughly 90%, which is a somewhat slow charging area, and slows down progressively thereafter. The idea is not, under best circumstances, to charge beyond 95% unless you really need it. That last 5% is really SLOW. The last 1% is really REALLY SLOW.

Last edited:
Flyeyes, I owe you a beer. Awesome to see.

The other guys already started to answer your question. Charge rate is demonstrated on the instrument cluster as volts and amp.s Multiply them and divide by 1000, you've got your charge rate. Its determined by the lesser of charger's ability to deliver and car's ability to accept.

The more full the battery gets (and this is a simplification) the slower it can accept charge. Since you drove 215 miles from Memphis to Jackson, your state of charge should have been no more than 20% full, which is a good area for fast charging. Alternatively, if you drove 25 miles and started with a full charge charge your battery would still have a SOC of roughly 90%, which is a somewhat slow charging area, and slows down progressively thereafter. The idea is not, under best circumstances, to charge beyond 95% unless you really need it. That last 5% is really SLOW. The last 1% is really REALLY SLOW.
I was at 23 miles when I started.

Stopped after an hour and twenty minutes at 255 rated miles.

Now at the Mobile, AL charger, is charging more than twice as fast

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 59
Congratulations!!~!! @ flyeyes

You have started to join the rest of the Supercharged Network!
Most of the time you don't need to fully charge going from Supercharger to Supercharger, as the distances are NOT that far apart.
Typically you might give yourself a 50 mile "buffer" or so, depending on your driving speed and various other conditions.

Mountains (Eastern Tennessee and Northern Alabama) eat up range in a hurry if you don't slow down a bit.

Otherwise, great to see your pic and verification that all is up and operational!!!!

Reactions: bollar