Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackson, Mississippi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging at the Pearl, MS supercharger on the way home.

Getting 300+ volts and amps, charging full speed ;)

Nice little outlet mall, wife has spent $200 so far. It would have been cheaper to fly I think

Seriously, though, this seems a good location. Much, much better than Mobile which is...unfortunate.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and bollar
This is exciting to see! While poking around Tesla's Supercharger Map for 2016 I can assume from this picture that the cities to receive a Supercharger station, in addition to Pearl, MS, will be:

• Meridian, MS
  • Tupelo, MS
  • Grenada, MS
  • Dyersberg, TN or Blytheville, AR, or north Marion, AR (hard to tell)

Attachments

• 2016Supercharger.PNG
    2016Supercharger.PNG
    451 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: ggnykk
So that one is a “pull straight in” setup... interesting.

I can't claim to have ever seen one in person before, but of the photos I have seen, most have been “back in” setups. Which is more common?

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that most of the earlier superchargers were "back-in" and the newer installs tend to be "straight-in"

I've used three (nashville, knoxville, Mobile) that were back-in and one (Pearl) that is straight-in. I think the straight-in design is less likely to have issues with ICEing.

Reactions: bmenius
Moderator note: This post and the post following were moved here from a different forum.

Have any of you actually used the Pearl, MS supercharger? Does it really exist? It isn’t showing up on any of the apps anymore and it was one of the main reasons I bought my car (sick mom, many visits). I have to go through there to get to my hometown this Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, this thread would be better suited for the Americas -> Southeast sub-forum rather than this one, which is for European charging infrastructure.

I did some looking and found right thread for the supercharger you're looking for. (I think just about every supercharger has its own thread). Here it is: Supercharger - Jackson, Mississippi

I also recommend checking plugshare for recent reports. Here is the charger's plugshare page, with people reporting successful charges as recently as September 26th.

Good luck with your drive Thursday, but in my experience you won't need it. I've had nothing but smooth experiences supercharging.

• Helpful
Reactions: ChrisC and mociaf9