Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were in Jackson a few weeks ago (came from the West... lots of SC in Idaho... Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Twin Falls) so it was an easy trip. The town of Jackson has 4 municipal charging sites so no problem charging there. Also stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge and charged at the gas station overnight. West Yellowstone SC is open and gives good access to Yellowstone Park.
So, not really a problem if you want to visit the Tetons and Yellowstone.
I80 through Wyoming, OTOH, is just not possible.

I saw a white S at 3 Creek yesterday. I am guessing it is someone here

John

S70D with Florida plates? https://goo.gl/photos/3SYpvv8wu16EU9hd6

That's my aunt or uncle - they live in Hoback on Meander Way. He's 70 and still a scratch golfer.

This Green 85 was their previous car - I took shots of the range at the bottom and top of the pass:
2013-09-15 Tesla Trip over Teton Pass
Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities | Tesla Model S Drives Over Teton Pass!

Here's the new car - my first experience with autopilot - teslaautopilotthruglass

Last edited:
S70D with Florida plates? https://goo.gl/photos/3SYpvv8wu16EU9hd6

That's my aunt or uncle - they live in Hoback on Meander Way. He's 70 and still a scratch golfer.

This Green 85 was their previous car - I took shots of the range at the bottom and top of the pass:
2013-09-15 Tesla Trip over Teton Pass
Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities | Tesla Model S Drives Over Teton Pass!

Here's the new car - my first experience with autopilot - teslaautopilotthruglass
I suspect that was him. They were having a tournament there. I go to Alpine a lot while I am in town. I have seen a white 70 heading towards Hoback several times.

I went by the sight yesterday and noticed another S parked by the apartments. It also looks like an X is in town. I am trying to convince my client to get an X for out here. He is concerned about servicing the FWD.

John

I suspect that was him. They were having a tournament there. I go to Alpine a lot while I am in town. I have seen a white 70 heading towards Hoback several times.

I went by the sight yesterday and noticed another S parked by the apartments. It also looks like an X is in town. I am trying to convince my client to get an X for out here. He is concerned about servicing the FWD.

John

They are members at 3 Creek, probably see the car there most days.

They are incredibly generous with their possessions, so if they aren't using it anybody staying at the house can take it (and the house will sleep up to something like 27 people). Probably see lots of different faces behind the wheel.

The first car was covered under ranger service out of Denver. Tesla flat bedded it a couple times too. Not sure what happens now that those services have changed, having a car live in Jackson full time without those amazing services might not be so great. I think I'd wait a year on an X - and maybe get one that's got some miles on it, look at service history and make sure common bugs had been worked out.

Since the Supercharger network has been up their car now winters between Palm and Delray, so service is minutes away there. Hopefully it won't need service when in Jackson.

Just hiked 40 miles in five days in Gros Ventre Wilderness, and it was awesome! Jackson Hole is a nice sleepy town with some great down-to-earth places to eat and drink. Look forward to going back in my S! Thanks to OP and contributors for finding the permit and tracking progress of this important supercharger location!

As of this summer, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone are pretty accessible from Utah/Idaho and Montana. The planned Jackson SC will complement the SC that opened up in West Yellowstone earlier this year and provide very convenient access to both national parks.

However, for visitors approaching from Colorado or Nebraska where a traverse of Wyoming is required, very careful planning is still recommended.

If I were Tesla, I would probably try to install the next SC in WY somewhere in Casper.

Those planning a visit to Yellowstone or Jackson from the east might also be interested in this trip report:

Model X Road Trips

--Eric

As of this summer, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone are pretty accessible from Utah/Idaho and Montana. The planned Jackson SC will complement the SC that opened up in West Yellowstone earlier this year and provide very convenient access to both national parks.

However, for visitors approaching from Colorado or Nebraska where a traverse of Wyoming is required, very careful planning is still recommended.

If I were Tesla, I would probably try to install the next SC in WY somewhere in Casper.

Those planning a visit to Yellowstone or Jackson from the east might also be interested in this trip report:

Model X Road Trips

--Eric
I was in Rawlins Wyoming on Friday at the Marriott Fairfield Inn and one of the workers told me some interesting information. He said they signed a contract with a company to add two CHAdeMO chargers with a canopy and credit card acceptors. Then he told me they where Tesla Super Chargers. No so sure he know what he was talking about. Regardless there will at least be some kind of charges and hopefully level 3. Also one of the owners of Union Wireless told me they were talking with Tesla on a Supercharger in there parking lot in Rawlins too.

In Casper I talked with the General Manager at the Eastridge Mall Rhett Robertson. I gave him Tesla's contact info and then gave Tesla his and the owner information. The owners also own other malls with Superchargers. I think it would be a good fit. This is the last I hear from Teala about it, seemed like a kind of generic response:

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your email and feedback. We use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates for Superchargers and will reach out to you or the property owner via email if the site fits well with our route plan.

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

I did the same thing at the mall in Rock Springs and this Tesla's responce:

Thank you for your email and feedback. We have worked with Rouse Properties at other locations and have a relationship with their corporate headquarters. We will certainly keep White Mountain Mall in mind as we scout for locations in the Rock Springs area.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support for Tesla and we look forward to expanding the Supercharger Network throughout Wyoming.

Confirmed construction began today - one of the workers confirmed this is work for the Tesla Supercharger but wouldn't give any more info on timing. Still shocked they got those 8 prime spots. Anyone know typical turnaround time once construction begins?

IMG_7070.JPG