Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sheridan took just over a week to build 4 stalls. It took a couple weeks before engineering made it out to test though. A couple of the MT builds were delayed by several weeks waiting on a missing piece of equipment i.e. transformer. I imagine the same crew is working the Lima site.

Last edited:
Looking at the satellite images, I would not call the spaces "prime". They are the furthest from the entrance to the store. Behind the SC's is a wooden privacy fence for the apartment complex. ICEing would only be a problem if there is a gate through the fence and a resident wanted to park there.
I live here and go to the Grocer many times a week - there are always cars parked there. There is an entrance to the apts between the fence but apartment folks don't park there overnight. Will be interesting to watch the ICEing situation but I'm pumped we got these!

The Grocer just posted a sign with more info - only 2 of the 8 spots will be Tesla only

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 140
The Grocer just posted a sign with more info - only 2 of the 8 spots will be Tesla only

Hopefully they are at least smart enough to make the two dedicated Tesla not share one Supercharger cabinet. (So at least two Teslas can get full speed charging.)

They haven't done that at other locations where 4 spots are dedicated and 4 are shared. (The 4 dedicated are 2 sets of paired Superchargers.) I emailed the Supercharger team letting them know that they should try to make it so that none of the dedicated spots share a Supercharger cabinet with each other, and they thanked me for the idea.) But in this case I think it is essential.

As has been mentioned by others, it can be because the local rules require the business to have a minimum number of parking spaces and they can't spare the others. Doesn't seem like it _should_ be a problem in a small town.
I'm sure there are many factors which go into deciding on a location but this seems unusually stupid to have a site where it will be ICED most of the day. I think they could have done better.

Many other SCs are 50% general parking and 50% reserved Tesla spaces. Hopefully the split at this site is because there is a local by-law/regulation that requires a certain number of parking spaces. I've heard the best tactic for Tesla drivers in situations like this is to take the shared spaces first, if they are available.

Doesn't seem like it _should_ be a problem in a small town.
Jackson isn't just a small town. It's a tourist trap, like Vail CO, Aspen CO, Solvang CA and Leavenworth WA. A lot of traffic flows through the town, with a lot of people stopping to shop at all the overpriced "western" shops. Those six spots will be ICEd morning to evening, and the other two will also be a problem that way.
I lived there a few years ago. Believe me, this WILL be a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
Google street view surveyed the lot a year ago. I'm still not terribly concerned that I'll have trouble charging there. Tourists are generally not grocery shoppers. Hope to get there as soon as it opens, snow permitting. I think it bodes quite well that the store has posted that informational signage linked above. Having been to 258 other superchargers, I'd say their level of educating their patrons is unprecedented.

This is where a lot of locals shop. The parking lot is pretty full during the day. I suspect the locals will fill those spots last as most of the people going there are environmentally conscious.I have seen a higher concentration do Prius and Leafs there. Most people are there for only a few minutes as well, so if a stall gets ICEd, it shouldn't be for long.

John

Burlington VT has almost the exact same situation--busy lot of a health food store with chargers in prime parking real estate. I saw no ICEing there. Remember that the clientele are more sympathetic to the EV cause than the public at large. I wouldn't be surprised if the ICE parking that's recently been occurring in Jackson is employee vehicles, which can be readily addressed by management.

Jackson isn't just a small town. It's a tourist trap, like Vail CO, Aspen CO, Solvang CA and Leavenworth WA. A lot of traffic flows through the town, with a lot of people stopping to shop at all the overpriced "western" shops. Those six spots will be ICEd morning to evening, and the other two will also be a problem that way.
I lived there a few years ago. Believe me, this WILL be a problem.
This is a great point, but as a counter point (having grown up in Jackson, but admittedly not been there in years), this grocery store is on the complete opposite end of town from all the highest traffic tourist spots like the Million Dollar Cowboy bar, the town square, and all the "western" shops.

Reactions: Bighorn
Last step would be Tesla engineering team coming through. This was the slowest step in Sheridan. I spoke with them--very nice but they wouldn't say when it would go live. They said probably several days after they were gone, but it was active a couple hours after that conversation. Fear of the NDA.