Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0099.JPG
I was the first to use it too!

I charged here yesterday (10/23/16) and had a really good burrito at the Hot food/deli department and some great coffee to go at Jackson's Whole Grocery and Cafe where the Tesla Superchargers are. They have a pretty nice area to eat with windows and a fireplace. Three of 8 chargers were ICE'd but it looked like employees of the Grocery and they would be glad to move them if needed. I was the only one charging yesterday afternoon.

The 2017 Eclipse goes right through Jackson Hole...

Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - Path Through the United States

I have been to 10 total solar eclipses, and have organized a group of 57 people to view from Rendezvous Peak. There was a limited sale of $100 tram tickets on Sept. 15. More may be offered later.

Driving from Southern California, I will not be using my Tesla for this trip. Not only would it make much longer to get to Jackson, we need to be flexible to run east toward Riverton or west into Idaho if Jackson's weather forecast is not favorable. I'm sure you locals already know that Jackson will be overflowing with people for the eclipse.

Charged there twice over this past weekend. First Friday, around 11pm, place was deserted and the store was closed. I was the only one in the entire lot.

Second was Sunday afternoon, store was busy, but the superchargers were again empty except for 2 cars icing. I can't really complain, as there is a big sign that says 2 spots are exclusively for supercharging, and the rest are general parking.
/edit I should add, making the run from Jackson down to Tremonton Utah straight south, skipping the Idaho chargers is doable in a 85 on 19"s in 34 degree windy weather, but you need to do the speed limit and charge to at least 240 miles of range to make it with any real buffer. (Range mode on, heat on low). Made it there with 14% buffer.

IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG

Reactions: Tedkidd
I found this to be the worst supercharger location on my Trip to Yellowstone. They were all ICE'd. The locals have no regret, say its so close the entrance to the store.Very Bad.
But to be much further from the entrance, they’d have to be in a different lot down the road somewhere. When we were there earlier this month, this lot was always packed, and the SC was at least 3/4 ICEd. Battling entitlements.....