Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this to be the worst supercharger location on my Trip to Yellowstone. They were all ICE'd. The locals have no regret, say its so close the entrance to the store.Very Bad.

Sorry your experience was so bad -- Tesla picked a horrible location even tho they were warned by several of us who live here. Hopefully you were able to make use of one of the J-1772 chargers around town. They're slow, I know, but better than nothing.

3153042D-5F1D-4E8B-8503-993BE62A8C2B.jpeg
Six open after work on a Thursday. 119 kW.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
The first time I went to Jackson, right after it opened, NAV lead me to a dead end on the other side of the busy main road. This week it lead to a private driveway on the other side of the commercial property’s fence which was still quite a drive from the location. I did not try, but I’d suggest entering Jackson Whole Grocer as the NAV clearly is having difficulty reaching a GPS pin.

The first time I went to Jackson, right after it opened, NAV lead me to a dead end on the other side of the busy main road. This week it lead to a private driveway on the other side of the commercial property’s fence which was still quite a drive from the location. I did not try, but I’d suggest entering Jackson Whole Grocer as the NAV clearly is having difficulty reaching a GPS pin.

That’s what the Nav did to me this May. I called Tesla to complain, their tech said 1) try rebooting (get serious) and 2) would I like to bring the car for for service (no thank you). I’ve since learned there is an email to report Nav problems, sorry I don’t have it on me. I expect the guy on the other side of that fence is wondering why all those Teslas keep showing up in his driveway.

View attachment 411161
The current ICEing at Jackson. Shortly after taking the picture an ICE car filled the last spot. At least a few of the ICEd spaces were cycling quickly.
Sadly they aren't really ICEing as the sign states those spots are for anyone, and the two charging spots to the left of the sign (left of pic) are for Tesla's only. So, as annoying as it may be, they aren't breaking the rules.

/edit. I wish they had just slid the whole station left (in your pic that is) like 8 spots. No one parks back behind the building, so ICEing would have been greatly reduced.

I'm sitting here now, plenty of parking elsewhere, and 4 spots are now ICE'd. The owner of this grocery store needs to take the sign down. Especially on a holiday weekend, this is absurd!
When I was there with all spaces ICEd, save for the one I occupied, I noticed that the turnover of ICE cars was rapid. So, waiting a few minutes for a spot to open up is fairly easy and practical for Teslas.

When I was there with all spaces ICEd, save for the one I occupied, I noticed that the turnover of ICE cars was rapid. So, waiting a few minutes for a spot to open up is fairly easy and practical for Teslas.

I charge here weekly (FUSC!), while I eat lunch at the Whole Grocer. At lunch time, all 8 spaces will frequently be ICE'd or TESLA'd, but turnover is rapid. I never have to wait more than a couple of minutes for a space to open. Other times of day, a few of the spaces may be ICE'd, but not all.

That’s what the Nav did to me this May. I called Tesla to complain, their tech said 1) try rebooting (get serious) and 2) would I like to bring the car for for service (no thank you). I’ve since learned there is an email to report Nav problems, sorry I don’t have it on me. I expect the guy on the other side of that fence is wondering why all those Teslas keep showing up in his driveway.
Me too. Funny thing is that the drive says "Private Drive" and "No U-Turn". I think AI would be flummoxed.:)

I was there on Thursday early evening and all the spots were empty. No ICEing while I charged and shopped.

The Town of Jackson just posted this press release:

NEW ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION INSTALLED
In collaboration with the Town, Energy Conservation Works has installed the first public, DC fast charging station for electric vehicles in Jackson. Owned and operated by the Town, the new fast charger is in the lower level of the Town’s parking garage on Milward and Simpson. This new station allows compatible electric vehicles to charge to up to 80% full in less than an hour.

I'll swing by there this afternoon and see what they installed and post back. All the other Town charging stations are free, I'm assuming this one will be as well...

The charging station is in the free public parking garage at Millward and Simpson, right by the Snake River Brewpub. There are two parking spaces, divided by the charging station. The station has two plugs. One is a CHAdeMO and the other is a CCS1. I don't have either of those adapters, so I didn't plug in. The readout on the charging station said it was a 50kw DC charger. It is a ChargePoint charger.

FYI, in the same garage, just around the corner, there is a J-1772 free destination ChargePoint charger, also sponsored by the Town of Jackson.

The Town of Jackson just posted this press release:

NEW ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION INSTALLED
In collaboration with the Town, Energy Conservation Works has installed the first public, DC fast charging station for electric vehicles in Jackson. Owned and operated by the Town, the new fast charger is in the lower level of the Town’s parking garage on Milward and Simpson. This new station allows compatible electric vehicles to charge to up to 80% full in less than an hour.

Really?? The first public DC Charging Station?