Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jacksonville, FL - Chaffee Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new V3 Supercharger is under construction at the Winn-Dixie at 703 Chaffee Rd S.

I got lucky to stumble onto a charging station on PlugShare, with the description saying a Tesla Supercharger is being built at the address above. To verify, I did a few clicks on the coj’s permit portal and came up with a permit for the installation of 8 V3 Superchargers and associated equipment (note: the description for the equipment capacity is wrong, but we can infer it will be V3). This location now opens up access for travellers on the I-10 (@ItsNotAboutTheMoney) as well as provides another Supercharging option for Jacksonville residents. Will add right away as being under construction since the permit is listed as active.

https://buildinginspections.coj.net/

43D2D773-7F61-4841-8296-6C1983DEAB1E.jpeg

BFAFF125-809C-4BC3-983F-5F02D92473C3.jpeg

Jacksonville - West, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: End (I-95 Jacksonville, FL) - 9.6 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles

To: Kingsland, GA (I-10,I-295,I-95) - 44.1 miles
To: Jacksonville, FL (I-10,I-95,FL-202) - 21.8 miles
To: Jacksonville - County Road, FL (I-10, I-295,I-95,FL-CR-210) - 34.2 miles
To: Lady Lake, FL (I-10,US-301,FL-326,FL-CR-35,FL-35,US-27) - 117.3 miles
To: Ocala, FL (I-10,US-301,l,FL-326,I-75) - 97.1 miles
From: Gainesville, FL (FL-24,FL-24A,FL-24,US-301,FL-228,l) - 63.8 miles
To: Tifton, GA (I-10,I-75) - 154.7 miles

Better ending of I-10.
Allows easier travel between I-10 and I-95.

Hi...can anyone please advise status re: construction. I'm heading back to Naples next Sunday and this could allow me to skip Kingsland.

Thanks
Hi Charles,

This is probably going to be a photo-finish for your Sunday travel. I recommend that you periodically check your navigation system on the drive down. There's a good chance that it will be operational next week, but if it doesn't appear on your navigation screen I wouldn't risk skipping Kingsland.

Safe travels.

Larry

• Helpful
Reactions: X Fan
Hi Charles,

This is probably going to be a photo-finish for your Sunday travel. I recommend that you periodically check your navigation system on the drive down. There's a good chance that it will be operational next week, but if it doesn't appear on your navigation screen I wouldn't risk skipping Kingsland.

Safe travels.

Larry
Are there any photos of the site/construction? I sounds like the site is almost online, but we haven't even seen any photos yet. :)

Nav suggests that this site has been turned on. Anyone local to check out what's the holdup?

thanks
Hi Charles,

I just checked my navigation system and couldn't find a pin for this location yet.

Yesterday, I received the following photo and the message, "I visited this location today in the Winn Dixie parking lot and they don’t seem to be operational yet. I found your website asking for updates."

Jacksonville West Supercharger 2.jpeg

Larry

Hi Charles,

I just checked my navigation system and couldn't find a pin for this location yet.

Yesterday, I received the following photo and the message, "I visited this location today in the Winn Dixie parking lot and they don’t seem to be operational yet. I found your website asking for updates."

View attachment 588778

Larry

Thanks Larry....I'm heading back up to NC this weekend and when operational, this is a good stopping point for me.

@MarcoRP @Chuq Can you update the name of this site on supercharge.info to match Tesla's official name? (Jacksonville, FL - Chaffee Road). Also, this should be shown as 8 stalls, instead of 4. The nav picture shows 7 for some reason, but there were 8 from the site pictures.

It looks like this site is having the typical V3 teething pains. Opened with four live, Nav above said 7 (which of course will ultimately be 8) and now looks to be impaired.

This evening it shows “limited service”.

This location was in my travel plans for Wednesday but now I’ll need to adjust back to my typical charging route.