Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jacksonville, FL - Philips Highway

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal
Learned of a new 12-stall V3 Supercharger coming soon to Jacksonville, the biggest SC for the city so far. I also have the location on hand, but I won’t post it tonight because I don’t feel like it. The permit has just been filed so construction won’t start for a while. ;)

97F72C6F-26AD-405A-B2D6-37E9EEC5F4BC.jpeg

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
I drove by and there is no evidence of construction for this yet as of 3/15/2021. It is needed and an excellent location for locals and travelers as it is about 2 miles from the Tesla Service Center and a mile from my House :)

I have free lifetime SC on my MS so when it is done I will be a frequent customer.

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
Google maps street view shows the Wawa under construction. Is it finished?
The WAWA has been finished for about a year, but not the TSC. If anyone is looking for a V3 SC around here, the one off I-10 and Chaffee road has been up since last Fall. 8 stalls and pumping. Was there this morning and charged 88KW in 35 minutes on my MS LR+

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
Saw some construction equipment in back of the WAWA station and a large spool of flex conduit being delivered today. May not be anything but I just drove by and didn't get a closer look. I'll keep you all posted and will stop in later this week and get some pictures if it looks promising like it's beginning.

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
Drove by today and everything is covered with curtains and fencing so couldn't take any pictures. Regardless, there was quite a bit of working inside the curtains so it won't be long now.

From my experience of other new SC installs, they run them at low power for a couple weeks before opening them up to the full 250KW.

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
Just drove by and all construction is complete but stations are still covered with plastic. I guess we're waiting on Tesla to turn it on now.

The 15minute parking was all full with 6 ICE'd cars but all the 6 Tesla Charging only were vacant.

• Love
Reactions: xkctr8se

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC