Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jacksonville, FL - Philips Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new meter is in but still no power to the pedestals.
That's not the new meter/housing. Compare with this picture from TravelFree in post #50, the one on the right is the bit at issue:

1626404721520.png

the philips hwy location is only a few miles from the Wawa at the town center location, I don't get all the hub bub about the new location.

Closer to the highway with 50% more stalls. Ideal for travel up and down I-95 while the location at Wawa is a little better suited for Jacksonville Beach visitors and travelers on I-295. Also V3 instead of V2.

Closer to the highway with 50% more stalls. Ideal for travel up and down I-95 while the location at Wawa is a little better suited for Jacksonville Beach visitors and travelers on I-295. Also V3 instead of V2.
I don't think that you know what you are commenting on, the only advantage would be the V3.
I live in JAX, I think that I have a better handle on the lay of the land.

I don't think that you know what you are commenting on, the only advantage would be the V3.
I live in JAX, I think that I have a better handle on the lay of the land.

I-95N to the town center Wawa and back is an 8.4 mile diversion estimated to take 13 minutes. I-95N to Philips Highway and back is a 1.9 mile diversion estimated to take just 5 minutes. Living in JAX, you probably have no need for either of these Superchargers. As a traveler, I'll take the 12 stall V3 that's closer to the highway over the 8 stall V2 any day.

Last edited:
Reactions: gnxs
the philips hwy location is only a few miles from the Wawa at the town center location, I don't get all the hub bub about the new location.
The town center location is always busy. One station is dead. Since it usually is full your maximum charge is typically 60-70 KW.

The Philips HWY one is a good location right off I-95 and should be fast because it has 12 stations and is 250KW with no sharing.

The only negative on the Philips WAWA SC is it took away 12 public parking spots and the WAWA is very busy so I expect to see many of the Tesla spots ICE'd. The signage says 15min general parking.

BTW- I live 1.4 miles from this and have free SC with the M S so I expect to make good use of it in off hours. The M Y is better off charging at home as the T SC is double the electric rates.

Big Earl- You also have the Yulee SC with 8 V3 along I-95 and the west I295 bypass has an 8 station SC V3. Welcome to Jacksonville. :)

Last edited:
Just charged up the M Y at WAWA and peaked at 226KW. Did not hit 250 because I only preconditioned for a few minutes since I live so close to this station. I pulled in with 278miles of Referral free in my account. I added 178 miles to the battery. I now have 160 miles remaining. Once my free miles are used up I will be charging at home at JEA rates.
IMG_2214.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl