Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger jam on way to Rose Bowl?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my BMW-fanboi co-worker (we tease each other) stop by to tell me about his friend who drove his Model S to the Rose Bowl (from No. CA). Said the expected trip took 9 hours since he had to wait in line behind other Model S's at the Superchargers, in one case having 2 pull in seconds before he did. Everyone was nice about it, but it was a long wait (over an hour). Supposedly he decided to leave early the next morning for the drive home to beat the other cars to the chargers.

If this is happening with only 3,000 cars, what's going to happen when there are 30,000 cars on the roads? Yes, not all in CA, but that's the highest concentration and the LA-SF route is the most popular, and you need two 45 minute charges to make the trip. Right?

If this is happening with only 3,000 cars, what's going to happen when there are 30,000 cars on the roads? Yes, not all in CA, but that's the highest concentration and the LA-SF route is the most popular, and you need two 45 minute charges to make the trip. Right?

This is a very good problem to have. Too many Teslas and too few charging stations...

Does he know which superchargers caused the jam?
Its widely known that Harris ranch as of late has been a spot for backlogs, since there's only 1 supercharger bay.
Hopefully we will get some more info on when more will be installed at that location.

Tesla's Superchargers inspired me to create this film and a whole campaign around it:

Get the whole story at Gallons of Light: A Tesla Road Trip | Jordan Bloch

GallonsofLight_Campaign1_mailchimp.jpg

Go Tesla.
ZoomButt.gif

Last edited by a moderator: