TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Jamestown ND

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by lightfoot3b, Apr 10, 2019.

1. lightfoot3b

lightfoot3b Member

The Buffalo Mall in Jamestown ND has been working with Tesla for many months. They won't give me any detail, but recently when I spoke to someone involved they actually sounded optimistic and a little excited about it. This was the first time I had ever noted anything other than "yeah I've heard something about this".

2400 8th Ave SW, Jamestown, ND 58401

The location is good, right off the interstate, with a few restaurants and some shopping(there really aren't many better options in this smaller town).

I sure hope they nail this down so there is more incentive to install right across i-94 from Clearwater MN directly to Billings MT asap! :D

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. benjotron

benjotron Member

That's incredible! Thanks for digging this up! Minneapolis to Montana, let's go!

3. DanL3

DanL3 Member

Thanks Lightfoot

Plugshare has shown a J1772 there. I was planning to use that on my trip, but a supercharger would be great.

4. mikerwalsh

mikerwalsh Member

Yes , they are happy to let you use their J1772 connection, it's a little hard to find around the back of the building- I charged there over night last summer, and felt safe leaving my car there, as the Ford dealership said they have security watching their lot. The University of Jamestown is another option, but it's on the other side of town. It doesn't get much use, as electric cars are pretty much unicorns in Jamestown! All that aside, I can't wait for a Supercharger!!!

• Like x 1
  5. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

• Like x 4
  6. ressom

ressom Member

Yaaaaassss!

• Like x 1
  7. mikerwalsh

mikerwalsh Member

#7 mikerwalsh, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Oh Happy Day !! I'm coming to North Dakota this summer! And I won't have to bother @lightfoot3b for the 14-50 plug in his garage (although I appreciated that very much, thank you!). I hope I'm not counting chickens before they hatch, but ND Superchargers are starting to look real this year!

• Like x 1
  8. ressom

ressom Member

My guess is this will be a the location. Unless they bought the FCCU building and are gonna make it a lounge ...

Screenshot_20190413_095727.png

• Informative x 1
  9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

The Supercharge.info location is wrong.
    The permit address is 8TH AVE SW, intersection 25TH ST SW.
    And it says "MARK THE EASTERLY 250 FEET OF THE PROPERTY AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS (BUFFALO MALL)".
    Pin should be in the SE corner of the mall lot.

• Informative x 1
  10. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

The One Call ticket in the link says work was supposed to start April 2. That's probably when the marking of gas lines, etc., was to happen, but I wonder if construction may have started already.

11. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Jamestown, ND (Permit)

Along Primary Interstates: I-94
    Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-52, US-281
    Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

To: Fargo, ND (Permit) - 93.2 miles
    Diversion: 0.8 miles
    To: Alexandria, MN (Permit) - 197.6 miles

Now all they need to do is build 5 Superchargers and North Dakota will be connected.

• Like x 2
  12. Reggers

Reggers Member

Moose Jaw Saskatchewan just popped up on the map as being under construction. I take this as a bit of a good sign that the northern plains will be getting some Superchargers soon.

13. JustinG

JustinG Member

Any updates? Still showing that the permits are out but no movement has been made from what I’m seeing...

14. mikerwalsh

mikerwalsh Member

I just had my sister take a drive around the mall, and she didn't see any construction happening....

• Informative x 2
  15. MD-2000

MD-2000 Member

Someone posted that the crew took the week off after finishing Bismark. Watch next week.

• Informative x 1
  16. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Since there hasn't been an updated request to locate the underground utilities in preparation for digging yet, I doubt this location will start construction next week.

17. mikerwalsh

mikerwalsh Member

It looks like they skipped Jamestown and Fargo, and have moved on to Alexandria.

18. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

I will be headed that way starting tomorrow. Will check on ALEX, FARGO, JAMESTOWN, and BISMARCK. PIcs will come along

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

SE corner of Buffalo mall.. No marks, hard to see electric running on this side of 25th. Applebee's is across the street, that side of 25th Def has electric running

Attached Files:

20. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

SW corner has power, and mall pull from that location