Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jamestown ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here near or passing through Jamestown? The ground crew left Fargo. I assume they are headed here.
I don't think they are. There hasn't yet been a call to request an update of the undergound utilities' locations in preparation for digging. It's not necessarily an infallible indicator, but so far it's been 100% for the recent projects in the region.

Frankly, given the date of the original site survey (see the opening post of this thread), I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jamestown doesn't get done until after the thaw next spring. If you want a more concrete opinion (i.e. not based on trying to read the tea leaves), you could call the Jamestown building department and ask them about the status of the building permit

Reactions: Schoms
This pic was taken about 6:30 pm today (Oct. 24th) ... SE corner of Buffalo Mall parking lot.

Does not look promising for eminent construction.

Also, crew in Fargo confirmed to me this evening that they have a little left to do tomorrow (Fri, Oct 25th)

Asked about next destination, answer was "that currently is unknown"

IMG_20191024_183045.jpg

EDIT: pic is SE corner... Not SW like originally stated.

EDIT 2: added deets about work crew.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
New utility location request in preparation for digging at the Jamestown supercharger location was called for before Thanksgiving, indicating that digging may be relatively imminent or have already started. It was called for by the same company that did the construction for the other ND sites. Also, it's in a slightly different location than people have been looking at previously. The location is in the NE corner of the Buffalo Mall lot, north of Burger King, not the SE corner.

Ticket # 19163843
Original Call Date: 11/20/19 11:12 am
Work to Begin Date: 11/23/19 12:01 am

Company Name: PREMIER BUILDERS GENERAL CONT
Contact Name: TOM EARLY

DIG SITE INFORMATION
Type of Work: UNDERGROUND CONDUIT INSTALL
Work Being Done For: TESLA MOTORS
Depth: 4FT

DIG SITE LOCATION
Location of Work: MARK NE CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT NORTH OF BURGER KING STARTING APPROX 200FT NORTH OF BURGER KING AND THE WEST TOWARDS THE MALL THEN APPROX 300FT NORTH AND SQUARE OFF

Jamestown, ND_map.JPG

New utility location request in preparation for digging at the Jamestown supercharger location was called for before Thanksgiving, indicating that digging may be relatively imminent or have already started. It was called for by the same company that did the construction for the other ND sites. Also, it's in a slightly different location than people have been looking at previously. The location is in the NE corner of the Buffalo Mall lot, north of Burger King, not the SE corner.

Ticket # 19163843
Original Call Date: 11/20/19 11:12 am
Work to Begin Date: 11/23/19 12:01 am

Company Name: PREMIER BUILDERS GENERAL CONT
Contact Name: TOM EARLY

DIG SITE INFORMATION
Type of Work: UNDERGROUND CONDUIT INSTALL
Work Being Done For: TESLA MOTORS
Depth: 4FT

DIG SITE LOCATION
Location of Work: MARK NE CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT NORTH OF BURGER KING STARTING APPROX 200FT NORTH OF BURGER KING AND THE WEST TOWARDS THE MALL THEN APPROX 300FT NORTH AND SQUARE OFF

View attachment 484383
Holy crap. I was just there four days ago charging at the Ford dealership. While there I walked across the NE corner of the lot from BK back to the car and it just now dawned on me that there was a chain link fence up. It’s possible construction has started but someone near Jamestown should verify.

My sister will go check it out , although she said she doesn't have night vision on her camera. Also, they just had a blizzard, which might slow things down a bit. Before you start digging in the frozen ground, you have to dig down TO the ground! Not ideal conditions .

I think he's counting all the way to Seattle... :)
I would be inclined to include the route north to Calgary too...

See, I told you guys that ND/MN construction guys were just as hardy as up north. The guys here were finishing Brandon in -10ºC.

There are 3 superchargers planned for eastern Montana, 2 of those under construction, 4 in North Dakota, and one in Minnesota to complete I94 from Billings east to Minneapolis/St. Paul. Meaning I count 8 planned to complete that part of I94.

Last edited: