Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jamestown ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@lightfoot3b is your picture showing 173 kW in a Model S? You might have sold me on a new Model S. 402 miles range, and if that charging rate is correct, it would be great for road trips. My 2015 S would be limited to 90kW at that (~30%) battery level.
I hit 187 kW on my 2017 S100D at a new v3 Supercharger last weekend.

@lightfoot3b is your picture showing 173 kW in a Model S? You might have sold me on a new Model S. 402 miles range, and if that charging rate is correct, it would be great for road trips. My 2015 S would be limited to 90kW at that (~30%) battery level.
Max charge rate is 200kW on newer Raven S/X. I don't know the VIN that starts at or the rate increase on earlier 100kWh models. But new ones, yes. simply due to my extra capacity I wasn't charging much longer than the model 3 I was traveling with. Because I didn't need as much each time to get to the next location because I had more in reserve. That and I have the smaller wheels and higher tire pressures than the model 3 did so we attain the same Watt hours per mile.

Max charge rate is 200kW on newer Raven S/X. I don't know the VIN that starts at or the rate increase on earlier 100kWh models. But new ones, yes. simply due to my extra capacity I wasn't charging much longer than the model 3 I was traveling with. Because I didn't need as much each time to get to the next location because I had more in reserve. That and I have the smaller wheels and higher tire pressures than the model 3 did so we attain the same Watt hours per mile.
That makes the Raven Model S very tempting. I had forgotten about the 200 kW charging speed. I thought it was 150 kW.

That makes the Raven Model S very tempting. I had forgotten about the 200 kW charging speed. I thought it was 150 kW.
The non-Raven models night be able to hit 200 kW (or very close) as well. As I mentioned earlier, I hit 187 kW in a non-Raven 2017 S100D last week.
IMG_20200619_060058.jpg

Reactions: lightfoot3b
Are those lines diagonal?

EDIT. I just re-read the above posts and looked at the back side of the "Tesla Parking Only" signs.

;)
They are diagonal and nobody could hit the mark because the charge port is slanted away from the curb. One person persisted with diagonal parking with the help of a person guiding them, but it required a wheel to the curb. The more expedient solution was to come in perpendicular.

I have seen those new signs to explain how to backup in slanted spots.

20200418_150709-sign-jpg.533886

It would be viable if the lines were painted with that orientation—these were backward slanted.

As to the 94 to 90 gap—I’ve closed it once between Alexandria, MN and Worthington. Most options along the 94/90 route are around 200 miles, but it should be noted that several stretches of that specific route is on gravel.

• Informative
Reactions: tmoz
It would be viable if the lines were painted with that orientation—these were backward slanted.

As to the 94 to 90 gap—I’ve closed it once between Alexandria, MN and Worthington. Most options along the 94/90 route are around 200 miles, but it should be noted that several stretches of that specific route is on gravel.
I went Alexandria to Mitchell on my last trip. Did have to slow down a bit at the end.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart