Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jasper, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have anything more than an agenda from a municipal meeting to go on here? For example, do we know if this went to a vote, and if so, the outcome? Is there an actual approved “permit” in force? I’m as enthusiastic as the next guy, but does this seems a bit thin to be considered “permit” phase based on the available info?

You got me curious... The Dec. 17th 2019 meeting minutes are available at: Jasper, AB - Official Website

In section 7.4 of the "Requests for Decisions", there is a reference to "7.4 Notice: Electric Vehicle Charging Centre for Jasper". Full details are on page 44. It's not clear if a permit has been issued,

You got me curious... The Dec. 17th 2019 meeting minutes are available at: Jasper, AB - Official Website

In section 7.4 of the "Requests for Decisions", there is a reference to "7.4 Notice: Electric Vehicle Charging Centre for Jasper". Full details are on page 44. It's not clear if a permit has been issued,

Yeah, though it’s an agenda (which I read voraciously) but not minutes, so it’s not even clear if it was discussed, let alone what decision was made if any. It would be interesting if anyone from Tesla was present to respond to questions. But having it listed as Permit should mean there is an actual permit, I think?

On page 47 of the same document....

Parks Canada – 50 National Parks & Historic Sites
(This is a SEPARATE agreement between Tesla and Parksa Canada, and not associated with this proposal) Jasper park is considering...
  • Parks Canada announced that Tesla and Parks would collaborate to install EV charging stations, the charging stations will be AC Level 2 with both Tesla and SAE J1772 connectors for use by all the plug-ins available on the market across Canada for installation.

• Details of final projects pending but hundreds of connectors have already shipped to Parks properties

Exactly. And what is contained in those minutes might give us a flavour of what is to come. Seems a bit enthusiastic to put this at permit stage, but we can be hopeful.
If you're referencing the blue permit dot on Supercharge.info, then you need to know that SC.info uses "permit" very loosely. It doesn't mean that an actual building permit has been applied for or issued yet, just that a specific location has been discovered as being in development for a future supercharger. This often happens through discovery of just this sort of municipal document.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
If you're referencing the blue permit dot on Supercharge.info, then you need to know that SC.info uses "permit" very loosely. It doesn't mean that an actual building permit has been applied for or issued yet, just that a specific location has been discovered as being in development for a future supercharger. This often happens through discovery of just this sort of municipal document.

Exactly right. In many jurisdictions, superchargers aren't the kind of development that requires a permit application, so a "permit" can just mean some other kind of evidence. Often it's something like this document, sometimes it's a local news story.

In this specific case, when I first found the link the summaries did not mention a specific address/location. Had I not looked into the document and found a specific address, I wouldn't have added it.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Tesla updated SC map Supercharger | Tesla Canada with 2020 dates for new SCs however Jasper is not marked as a SC site :( ??

Same thing happened with some in Australia - 3x sites known to be coming but did NOT get grey pins added in the latest update. Perhaps Tesla is being more conservative with adding more grey pins, knowing that they don't always get them all done each year?

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
So given the most recent info, can somone change the title of this thread and move it out of this forum as there is no SC expected for Jasper! At least not in the forseeable future.
What recent info is that? The only thing listed in the thread that could possibly indicate a change is that Tesla didn't add Jasper to its map when they updated for the new year. But there are dozens of sites that aren't on that same map but that we know are moving forward, including some that are already in construction! Tesla really isn't that meticulous about how they update that thing so don't take it as absolute gospel.

Two things - post #25 of this thread which says that currently there only appears to be an L2 Tesla (plus non-Tesla) EV chargers under consideration in Jasper (although there is another proposal) and seconldy the very recent updates to coming soon SCs on Tesla website. Tesla is pretty meticulous in putting future SC sites onto their website before they are built, at least in Canada. I can only think of a very few sites that popped up that were not previously on the map - Parry Sound is one and there may have been another one. Generally sites are coming soon for year(s) before they are built. And I have been following this very closely since 2014 when I ordered my Model S.

• Disagree
Reactions: PLUS EV
Two things - post #25 of this thread which says that currently there only appears to be an L2 Tesla (plus non-Tesla) EV chargers under consideration in Jasper (although there is another proposal) and seconldy the very recent updates to coming soon SCs on Tesla website.
If you haven't already, go back to the original source document from the opening post and actually read what's there (it starts on page 44 of the PDF). The bit reported in post #25 is a separate proposal through Parks Canada that was just being reported on informationally so that those making the decision on the actual proposal would know what's up in the area for EV charging. It's not directly connected to the main thrust of this thread which is currently the proposed Municipal EV Charging Station partnership between Tesla, Jasper, ATCO, and any other 3rd party EVCS providers who are interested.

No they’re not.
To name a few: Davidson, Red Deer 2, Abbotsford, Whitewood, Strathmore, Woodside, Mascouche, Baie-Saint-Paul, Saint Leonard.
Ok. I stand corrected. Are you sure that all of these are new and they aren't sites that were somehwat moved from the original site? Like the "Stardale" SC that ended up in Casselman.

For sure on Red Deer 2 and Strathmore. Abbotsford is currently in construction without being shown on the map unless someone wants to argue that it's the White Rock pin, but I doubt it. IIRC, Whitewood wasn't on there prior to its activation but Moosomin was. So, that could have been its pin. But I believe we also had information that Tesla was planning on Moosomin and it just fell through or was delayed late in the process. I don't recall for the others but some of them sound right. You can probably go through their threads and the appropriate general region of Canadian Superchargers threads and see what's there if you want confirmation.

For sure on Red Deer 2 and Strathmore. Abbotsford is currently in construction without being shown on the map unless someone wants to argue that it's the White Rock pin, but I doubt it. IIRC, Whitewood wasn't on there prior to its activation but Moosomin was. So, that could have been its pin. But I believe we also had information that Tesla was planning on Moosomin and it just fell through or was delayed late in the process. I don't recall for the others but some of them sound right. You can probably go through their threads and the appropriate general region of Canadian Superchargers threads and see what's there if you want confirmation.
Abbotsford definitely isn't White Rock.