Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jasper, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has this site been crazy busy/line ups? Thinking of going up soon.
I recently made a loop driving Seattle-Saskatoon-Prince George-Seattle hitting 25 different superchargers. IIRC I was the only one charging at 20 of the superchargers (including Jasper, but that was around midnight). I had one other Tesla charging with me at Medicine Hat, Lloydminster, Edson, and I think Williams Lake, BC. Canmore was the only one where I had more than one charging buddy. There were 3 of us there! I did skip Rocky View and Edmonton which might have been "busy." Generally speaking though, I wouldn't worry about supercharger congestion at all in Canada unless of course you are in BC, the GTA, or Levis, QC.

Reactions: bolero
Was traveling back from Vancouver to Edmonton on the Monday. Thankfully we read the news before we set out. We didn't want to take our chances so we went through Banff instead. I think if we had a long range M3 we could have made it to Edson by charging up at Mount Robson or Valemount, but we had no idea if that area would be affected by the outage too. It was troubling to see that Plugshare listed the Jasper Flo chargers as online, but I'm pretty sure that was incorrect as the in-car Tesla navigation was showing the Supercharger offline. Usually Plugshare seems to update quickly with charger status regarding whether or not it's in use regardless of whether or not someone has checked in, but instead it showed it as available. Might give another EV driver a false sense of hope, stranding them in Jasper 😬.

Somebody on X also said that even though the charger is temporary unavailable, it is still charging.
That is good but it is a pretty sucky way for Tesla to deal with it since there are not a lot of options for Jasper BC and people could be looking for alternatives (ie. overnight stay somewhere on L2). Certainly we are in the age of Tesla owners not being glued to forums and plugshare etc but trusting the car info (ie. non early adopters).

e7WniSX.jpg

Reactions: PStewart