TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Jerrys Plains, NSW

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Chuq, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Spotted on the TOCA members group on Facebook!

As suggested this is most likely the Singleton/Muswellbrook location.

I've heard previous speculation on this site, suggesting that it would be a 4 stall site.

[​IMG]

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  2. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Not sure I like that location. It would have been better to have it just before Singleton before the New England and Golden highways diverge.
    At that spot it adds 30 min detour if going up the New England Hwy in the Tamworth direction.
    It’s also a fair distance past Singleton, which is a common destination in itself.

3. DeemandingM3

DeemandingM3 Member

Bit of a slap in the face for those of us living in a city of 2 million people with a singe supercharger 200km away to see the Newcastle region get a second one...

4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I did think it was in a weird spot, but I'm guessing Tesla are banking on the Tuggerah site partially making up for it and banking on the fact that the M3 LR and S/X 85+ vehicles will be able to go straight from Tuggerah to Tamworth on a full charge. I'm sure they would have preferred a site on the New England Highway but they weren't able to negotiate one.

5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

It's 116kms from Newcastle, and connects the coast (including Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, Lake Macquarie) to the regional hubs (Tamworth, Dubbo, Gunnedah etc) as well as the mining hubs (Singleton, Muswellbrook etc). About 3 million people excluding Sydney.

The difficulty with WA is that it's so heavily concentrated in Perth. 2 million in Perth, and 0.5 million spread out over the rest of the vast state. Supercharging is not really for local use, rather to get from A to B. There's just not many big Bs in WA.

• Like x 1
  6. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I can see why WA owners are peeved at their situation but it really isn't the fault of, or relevant to, this particular supercharger. There are dedicated threads for it.

7. scully

scully Member

Looks great. It's a nice drive going the back way to Mudgee. Another few stops at Mudgee and Lithgow would make a nice wine exploring loop.

8. DeemandingM3

DeemandingM3 Member

Yep I get that. Don't really care if we don't have one in Perth itself as I can charge at work from solar, but basically all other travel outside the 300km radius from Perth is reliant on Plugshare.

Last I'll say on the matter. Enjoys your supercharger NSWers :)

9. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

Got confirmation from the Winery this morning. They're getting back to me on an ETA.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  10. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

Image posted on facebook by a TOCA member (TK Woolley), it's actually a 6 Stall not a 4 stall as noted on Supercharge.info.

Look almost complete, I expect it to be open very soon.
    64741808_229252668049923_1342038337807974400_o.jpg

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

It's now live on the in-car nav, and I read on the TOCA Facebook page that someone charged there yesterday.

IMG_2911.jpeg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  12. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Still not updated on Tesla site. Anyone confirmed a charge?

13. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 4.49.03 am.png

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1