Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jerrys Plains, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted on the TOCA members group on Facebook!

As suggested this is most likely the Singleton/Muswellbrook location.

I've heard previous speculation on this site, suggesting that it would be a 4 stall site.

fUJQvhml.jpg

Not sure I like that location. It would have been better to have it just before Singleton before the New England and Golden highways diverge.
At that spot it adds 30 min detour if going up the New England Hwy in the Tamworth direction.
It’s also a fair distance past Singleton, which is a common destination in itself.

Not sure I like that location. It would have been better to have it just before Singleton before the New England and Golden highways diverge.

I did think it was in a weird spot, but I'm guessing Tesla are banking on the Tuggerah site partially making up for it and banking on the fact that the M3 LR and S/X 85+ vehicles will be able to go straight from Tuggerah to Tamworth on a full charge. I'm sure they would have preferred a site on the New England Highway but they weren't able to negotiate one.

Bit of a slap in the face for those of us living in a city of 2 million people with a singe supercharger 200km away to see the Newcastle region get a second one...
It's 116kms from Newcastle, and connects the coast (including Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, Lake Macquarie) to the regional hubs (Tamworth, Dubbo, Gunnedah etc) as well as the mining hubs (Singleton, Muswellbrook etc). About 3 million people excluding Sydney.

The difficulty with WA is that it's so heavily concentrated in Perth. 2 million in Perth, and 0.5 million spread out over the rest of the vast state. Supercharging is not really for local use, rather to get from A to B. There's just not many big Bs in WA.

Reactions: rohan_aus
It's 116kms from Newcastle, and connects the coast (including Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, Lake Macquarie) to the regional hubs (Tamworth, Dubbo, Gunnedah etc) as well as the mining hubs (Singleton, Muswellbrook etc). About 3 million people excluding Sydney.

The difficulty with WA is that it's so heavily concentrated in Perth. 2 million in Perth, and 0.5 million spread out over the rest of the vast state. Supercharging is not really for local use, rather to get from A to B. There's just not many big Bs in WA.

Yep I get that. Don't really care if we don't have one in Perth itself as I can charge at work from solar, but basically all other travel outside the 300km radius from Perth is reliant on Plugshare.

I can see why WA owners are peeved at their situation but it really isn't the fault of, or relevant to, this particular supercharger. There are dedicated threads for it.

Last I'll say on the matter. Enjoys your supercharger NSWers :)