Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Johnson City, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Last edited:
Filing for Supercharger at the Stripes Convenience Store (or 7-Eleven, based off GMaps) located at 521 US-281, Johnson City, TX 78636. Address for supercharger is 405 US 281, Johnson City, TX 78636. Completion date is 11/22/2021 although who knows how true that is.

Great for those going to Fredericksburg.

@MarcoRP @corywright
Somehow my GMaps automatically goes to the Stripes Convenience Store, but the permit is for the Texas Trails Plaza located about a mile south of Stripes.

Johnson City, TX

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-281, US-290
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-281

To: Grand Island, NE - 855.2 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
From: Start (US-77 Bus/TX-48 Brownsville, TX) - 356 miles
To: Jamestown, ND - 1309.2 miles

US-290

To: Austin - Oak Hill, TX - 37.6 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Sunset Valley, TX - 41.2 miles

To: Austin, TX (US-290, TX-Loop1, TX-RM2222, l) - 53.3 miles
To: San Antonio, TX (US-281, TX-FM3351, I-10) - 63.2 miles

Making the US-290 connection from I-I0 in western Texas to Austin, TX.
Also on US-281

I'm heading out to the Fredericksburg area around Nov 13. This would be a nice surprise if it materializes quickly. I'll most likely charge at some of the wineries, but I can look around and report on any construction unless there's someone local who wants to take a look before then.

Looks like things are coming along nicely, it's over by the Subway
PXL_20211027_234118558.jpg

Strange to me that if you compare supercharge.info and Supercharger | Tesla that a lot of these superchargers under construction dont show up on the Tesla side or are in a different location than where the permit has been pulled. Theres also some that are on their map (Fredericksburg for instance) that dont show up on supercharge.info at all.
That's because of the way each site is handled. The Tesla site is optimistic and really shows their intentions for the "coming soon" chargers before a site is picked (changing to "actual" when a site is built). A pin will go in a general area for a city before they know where it will go.

On the other hand, supercharge.info does not (usually) place a pin until at least a permit for an exact location is identified (changing to "actual" when a site starts construction). The Tesla site info is provided by Tesla, is subject to change and can be quite "optimistic" for location and schedule. The supercharge.info site gets information from crowdsourced data and is more definite about the data.

Strange to me that if you compare supercharge.info and Supercharger | Tesla that a lot of these superchargers under construction dont show up on the Tesla side or are in a different location than where the permit has been pulled. Theres also some that are on their map (Fredericksburg for instance) that dont show up on supercharge.info at all.

In all likelihood, once Johnson city is officially open, the Fredericksburg pin will be gone on Tesla.com and replaced with Johnson city.

Tesla.com coming soon sites are just marketing and just a directional goal from Tesla.

Reactions: CarlS