Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Johnson City, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the “Find Us” Supercharger map on the Tesla website shows the Johnson City SC using the Destination Charger icon. If you click on it, it shows Supercharger information.

PlugShare doesn’t show it at all.
Plugshare shows it as a coming soon wall plug (120V) and they’re supposed to update it once it shows up as an active Supercharger on the FindUs page. I’ve already reported it, but the more people that report it, the better.

Plugshare shows it as a coming soon wall plug (120V) and they’re supposed to update it once it shows up as an active Supercharger on the FindUs page. I’ve already reported it, but the more people that report it, the better.
Thats how plugshare insist on handling "coming soon" superchargers - its a real PITA
Sadly plugshare say they only follow Teslas information, but Tesla are now significantly faster than plugshare at updating their information.
I honestly don't bother using plugshare for supercharger info any longer there are better alternatives.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
All, I dont know if this matters now, but late Saturday 12/4 when I came through there (driving back from Starbase) - this SC was coned off and closed. The car told me on navigation that "Superchargers are closed on your intended route" - so it had me charge another 5-10% at 3 Rivers to get me home without running out of juice. So, Im not sure whats going on - it may be open again, maybe not.

Cheers
J

All, I dont know if this matters now, but late Saturday 12/4 when I came through there (driving back from Starbase) - this SC was coned off and closed. The car told me on navigation that "Superchargers are closed on your intended route" - so it had me charge another 5-10% at 3 Rivers to get me home without running out of juice. So, Im not sure whats going on - it may be open again, maybe not.

Cheers
J
I charged there last night with zero problems.

I also spoke with a very excited local resident about EVs, Teslas and Supercharging. I might have sold another Model Y. Too bad Tesla discontinued the referral program.

Visited today. First one I'm aware of on US 281.

Attachments

• P4970502.jpg
    P4970502.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 107
I agree that Evant would be an excellent location. It's a tiny town, but it's a crossroads, and the town square has a large amount of parking space, is easy to get in and out, and there are cafes and shopping right around it.
Interesting. Just figured lampasas would make a good jumping off point for an eventual San Angelo SC as well as getting to Cisco SC going Northwest.

Glen Rose has potential because of the power plant nearby and being right off US67.

My trips are DFW-Kerrville. I was charging at Waco then thru Liberty hill to Marble Falls and then to Kerrville. I can take 281 now to Johnson City and Kerrville but I have to charge at Alvarado. A station at Evant would be perfect as it is about exactly half way.