Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jonesboro, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
I have confirmed with a friend who works for O'Reilly Hospitality whom I've worked with in the past on a Tesla Project that the new Hotel and Convention Center in Jonesboro, AR is, indeed, planning on having a Supercharger. The hotel is set to open July 2019, so would expect the supercharger would be about the same time. It will be located on the Arkansas State University campus.

For back ground, Tim O'Reilly is a strong environmental advocate, multiple Tesla owner, and directly solicited Tesla to get the Springfield, MO supercharger installed at its current location, a Macadoodles that he owns.

I've kept the [Rumor] tag on the thread for now as there is not, to my knowledge, a permit or anything like that yet, but my source is very reliable and spoke directly to Tim, so I feel that the likelihood that this happens is very high.

Groundbreaking Marks Start for Embassy Suites and Red Wolf Convention Center Complex

Any updates on this?
Well, sort of.
There will be 7 "charging stations" that open near the end of September. However, when I asked pointedly what type of charger they told me they were not sure.

On their FB page on April 24th they posted about having 7 J1772 chargers and that's all they've said. And I haven't even been able to clarify if they will be available to the public or just for guests.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Red Wolf Convention Center

"Universal Electric Car Charging Stations are coming to Jonesboro! The Embassy Suites will have one of the HCS series level 2 (208/240 volt) chargers mounted on the PMD-10T pedestal kits. This includes 7 stations located on the North side of the hotel."

So, right now, I'm not optimistic.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Well, sort of.
On their FB page on April 24th they posted about having 7 J1772 chargers and that's all they've said. And I haven't even been able to clarify if they will be available to the public or just for guests.

Gotcha. So definitely sounds like it's NOT a Supercharger, at least, not exclusively. Perhaps something as a part of the Chargepoint network.

Thank you for the update!

Tesla's website shows a Tesla supercharger coming to Jonesboro in Q2 of 2022. The ever-increasing demand for a Tesla supercharger in this remote and untouched area of Arkansas has been demonstrated for years. Many Tesla owners have been forced to slower and less reliable charging alternatives that can take upwards of 8 hours. With the second quarter of 2022 coming to a close around the corner, are there any updates on this???

Reactions: PStewart
Tesla's website shows a Tesla supercharger coming to Jonesboro in Q2 of 2022. The ever-increasing demand for a Tesla supercharger in this remote and untouched area of Arkansas has been demonstrated for years. Many Tesla owners have been forced to slower and less reliable charging alternatives that can take upwards of 8 hours. With the second quarter of 2022 coming to a close around the corner, are there any updates on this???

You need to c9mtact someone in the local building department to find out. I linked contact info above..

So I reached out to the planning department and they show a permit as being approved for the Kum and Go at 3920 Southwest Drive.

AFS. (Away from spreadsheet).
US-49, US-63.
49 Splits Brinkley,AR to the end in Piggott, AR (130.3 miles) 70.3 miles, 60.1 miles.
63 Splits Brinkley, AR to Rolla, MO (276.9 miles) again 70.3 miles (concurrent) and 206.7 miles.

OK, it's not West Memphis, AR or Blytheville, AR but it's another hole-filler on US Numbered Highways.

This site would have made all the difference for us until my MIL passed away 2 months ago. Getting IN/OUT of AR (Heber Springs) was a nightmare. I had to rely on Destination Chargers to tank up so I could get back to Miner Mo. If any of the Destination Chargers were not available I was screwed. So better late than never.

The Kum and Go is listed on Google Maps and has a designated phone number. By all means, if someone in the area is able to swing by and take a few pictures and post an update, that would mean the world to me. When time permits, I will personally try to contact the Kum and Go to see if they can provide and info on the construction and key dates.