Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jonesboro, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I called the Kum and Go and the guy who answered the phone was very helpful and did have info about the supercharger. So construction has not yet occurred, and no supplies have been sent to start the construction. The guy said it would be coming this summer, but he thought (not to quote him) they might be starting construction next week. I don't know how long construction will take, but that's all I have for now.

Jonesboro, AR

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Kum & Go
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-49, US-63
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-49

To: End (US-62 Piggott , AR) - 58.1 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles

US-63

To: Rolla, MO - 206.7 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Jefferson City, MO - 274 miles

Reactions: PStewart
No construction as of this weekend. Honestly, i am curious how they will be placed at the Kum and Go.... Just not a lot of room except up next to the building, and they wont give up those parking spots.
This area is a new construction area with commercial and multi-family proposed. I have been told several restaurants are expected to be added to this area very soon. The lot next to the Kum and Go has a newly placed sold sign on it.
I'll do my best to update on here every week or two.

No construction as of this weekend. Honestly, i am curious how they will be placed at the Kum and Go.... Just not a lot of room except up next to the building, and they wont give up those parking spots.
This area is a new construction area with commercial and multi-family proposed. I have been told several restaurants are expected to be added to this area very soon. The lot next to the Kum and Go has a newly placed sold sign on it.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the recon work.

1654226293473.png

1654226353162.png

Unless they pit them in at the corner it looks like the Kum and Go lot is fully developed. Maybe it is one of the adjacent lots that doesn’t have an address attached so it shows as part of Kum and Go. One to the north appears to be 3910 Southwest and would be a good size for a SC site.

That seems like a super weird location to put a Supercharger site. It's pretty far from restaurants or even primary routes through town.

Regardless of geographic positioning, they've definitely done a lot of Supercharger sites at gas stations, some of which really seem like they had to be squeezed in. Two that I've personally been to are Van Buren's "Casey's" where they only put in six parking stalls and they're rather awkward, and King George in Virginia behind a Sheetz gas station. I suspect if this Kum & Go is actually where the Supercharger will be, it'll be like the Sheetz installs (there are several others I've been to as well), and there will be some kind of small parking area stuck off the side of the main parking area.

It just seems like such an odd place to put it when there are so many much better locations in town.

Reactions: jsight
I followed up with the planning department to see if the permit had actually been issued. Here is the response.

"The permit was approved and official permit card was issued on 5/2/22.
We cannot send the plans. If you need to view them, they are on file in the Planning Department, 3rd floor, Municipal Building, 300 S Church.
Upon request, the plans can be printed, and made available for you to look at in our Planning conference room.
Plans may not be photographed, copied, or duplicated in any way.
If you plan to do so, you may want to call & make an appointment so they might have the documents printed."

Sounds like the permit has been issued and if soeone wants to make an appointment you can get a look at them and see where the site will be installed in relation to the gas station.

Reactions: mociaf9
Construction started. Was not expecting to see them up against the building. Has anyone else seen a Kum&Go with this setup? As for the area, it is all under development. Roads and curbing are in and the commercial lots along the highway are starting to sell. I have heard lots of rumors regarding different restaurants going in. I think in a year or so, you will see several places pop up around it. Just glad to see it though!

Attachments

• 20220619_205140.jpg
    20220619_205140.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220619_205339.jpg
    20220619_205339.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220619_205045.jpg
    20220619_205045.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220619_205104.jpg
    20220619_205104.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 112
Construction started. Was not expecting to see them up against the building. Has anyone else seen a Kum&Go with this setup? As for the area, it is all under development. Roads and curbing are in and the commercial lots along the highway are starting to sell. I have heard lots of rumors regarding different restaurants going in. I think in a year or so, you will see several places pop up around it. Just glad to see it though!
The Kum & Go in Bethany, MO is a 6 stall up near the building as well.

I have a trip tomorrow from northern Arkansas by Mountain home, down southeast. Regularly we have to go down south to brinkly first then Memphis and work our way down from there. However this time is different as we have to pull a trailer behind us on our trip. We don't have much experience in pulling trailers behind our tesla. We have known about this trip for a while and have been closely monitoring the development of the Jonesboro suppercharger. While the difference between Jonesboro and brinkley is only about 35 miles or so, it's better than nothing and plus having to drive west to just go north is wrong. As our trip is tomorrow I was wondering I'd anyone had any last updates on if it my be usable. On Tesla's find us page in their website the suppercharger says coming soon. From all the pictures provided by you guys it seams all is built and ready to go, and they just need to remove the construction equipment and turn it on. I have seen in some instances where Tesla had the suppercharger on but not in the system yet. For a final check I will once again call the kum and go. Thank you for all the work and pictures.