Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Joplin, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's Supercharger map says it is fully operational. So I'd go with that (although I did not go out and look it up in my car). Temporary failures are not unusual.
Yep, my car’s map shows Temporary Closure. So, looking to figure out if it is live or down as I’ll be rolling through next weekend in my M3 SR+. Stopped there last month and it was nice being at a 24hr gas station.

Does anyone know why Tesla currently shows this location as "Temporary Closure"? Abrp also shows it as unavailable, but I'm sure they are just repeating what they see from Tesla. Plugshare's last check-in here was on Nov 11, 2021.
There seems to be a glitch in the Nav. I've experienced this at approximately 2-3% of my supercharger stops over the last 3 months. All of them worked when I got there (with the exception of Metarie, LA after Hurricane Ida which had been vandalized). It's an annoying glitch for sure, because you obviously can't count on it until you get on the ground information, but I'm guessing this one will work. Sometimes checking Plugshare for recent check-ins can be helpful.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Good to see that they are working on this. The other bank of Superchargers in Joplin is/was (have not been in a while) the worst location I have ever seen. Next to a condemned hotel, a bunch of old full dumpsters and industrial equipment from the condemned hotel, and a spooky totally empty convention center that would have been a great location for a horror movie. A truly creepy place - especially with signs on the old hotel stating DANGEROUS. I always made sure I could make it through to Springfield or Catoosa rather than stop there...
They closed that one a couple months ago after the new one at the Kum&Go opened.