Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Joplin, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is actively working on getting a second Supercharger in Joplin at the Kum & Go at 5002 S Main Street, and it's scheduled to open in the first quarter. I don't know whether or not this site will remain open for much longer -- thread on the way

Moderator note: The first 40 or so posts in this thread are a merge of posts from two different threads.

Darn, I was really hoping this would be a second location closer to the I-44/I-49N intersection. This is pretty close to the old one, and I don't think they need the second side for capacity reasons so it's probably just a move.

That said, the old location isn't getting less creepy, so I'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla is actively working on getting a second Supercharger in Joplin at the Kum & Go at 5002 S Main Street, and it's scheduled to open in the first quarter. I don't know whether or not this site will remain open for much longer -- thread on the way

View attachment 629429
I grew up in Joplin. It's been a while since I've been back so I might have to check this one out eventually. Nice to hear that Kum & Go is also adding locations outside of Colorado!

Just learned of the location of Joplin's 2nd Supercharger, which is supposed to open this quarter. It's going to be at the Kum & Go at 5002 S Main St, one exit west of the original Supercharger, and will have 8 stalls, V3. Also got ahold of a photo of the site plan. Superchargers are in the NE corner of the lot.

Will add on Supercharge Info

Joplin MO new Supercharger.jpg

That name though…
It's actually the 24th largest convenience store chain and growing! They have a deal with Tesla and at least 7 Superchargers have been built or are scheduled to be built at Kum & Go locations in Colorado. Besides Superchargers, they are installing CCS at various other locations so they definitely recognize the EV future is coming.

The thread for the new Joplin Supercharger is Supercharger - Joplin, MO - 5002 S Main St

Reactions: jvonbokel
This is welcome, for sure since the renovation of the hotel for the current location never came to fruition.

Down side is that this is farther from I-49 for those heading North/South or from the East, but it's only a few miles.
The current location also has several more restaurants and things nearby. But I think the truck stop will be sufficient for most needs.

I grew up in Joplin. It's been a while since I've been back so I might have to check this one out eventually. Nice to hear that Kum & Go is also adding locations outside of Colorado!

Hey man! I took grew up in Joplin and moved to Denver area. It's a small town, so I'm curious if we know each other. That being said, another vote for creepiest charger lol. Went back in Nov 2019 after getting my 3 and was freaked out how they let that Holiday Inn go.

Hey man! I took grew up in Joplin and moved to Denver area. It's a small town, so I'm curious if we know each other. That being said, another vote for creepiest charger lol. Went back in Nov 2019 after getting my 3 and was freaked out how they let that Holiday Inn go.
My family moved away in 1985 but I still have several friends in the area. I'll PM you.

The official Tesla S.C. map doesn't show this. They (recently) list Main St. and Rte. 66, 3.5 miles farther north as their opening Q1 2021 location. Does anyone know the reason for the discrepancy? Not doubting your source, but I don't totally trust Tesla's map either until something officially opens up.

Ugh. The official S.C. map still doesn't list this location at the K&G but instead shows one opening Q1 2021 3.5 miles to the north. Is it unusual that Tesla lists near pending S.C. locations incorrectly?

You’re new here, eh? :)

The pins for pending sites on the Tesla map are NEVER located where they eventually are installed.. They are located at the center of the city that Tesla is targeting for the new site, which in itself isn’t always accurate. If you're looking at the pending sites with the map zoomed in more detail than showing the whole state of Missouri, you’re using the map wrong.

You’re new here, eh? :)

The pins for pending sites on the Tesla map are NEVER located where they eventually are installed.. They are located at the center of the city that Tesla is targeting for the new site, which in itself isn’t always accurate. If you're looking at the pending sites with the map zoomed in more detail than showing the whole state of Missouri, you’re using the map wrong.
That used to always be the case but it seems with the latest Supercharger map update last month, Tesla sometimes puts pins in a different location. If you look at the Denver - East, CO or Mountain Village, CO Supercharger pins, you'll notice they don't actually follow the old "centered above city name" rule and might give a better hint as to where the Supercharger will be located. Other Colorado locations (Silverthorne, Lakewood, Monument, Westminster, Alamosa) pins continue to be centered above the city name.

With that being said, the new Joplin Supercharger also follows the old "centered above the city name" rule even though it will be located at the Kum & Go at 5002 S Main Street.