Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: Moved a number of posts about the Jopin, MO Supercharger at 5002 S. Main St. to this thread:

Bruce.

I hate to rag on this location again, but the potholes on the road leading up to the supercharger were some of the worst I've ever seen on a paved city street in a first world country. Be careful as you approach. Autopilot isn't going to see the 4-8" deep holes in the road. Also, the construction work going on at nearby Jim Bob's BAR-B-Q adds to the post-apocalyptic feel of whatever it is that is going on with the hotel renovation (?).

On the bright side, I didn't notice any sharp implements on the ground around the supercharger like I did on my previous visit which is 3-4 years ago now.

The old supercharger is now no longer displayed in car navigation or on the app. If it is still powered on it likely won’t be for long.

Attachments

• 7BA24A1A-DDD4-43F3-BEB5-64B02B787488.png
    7BA24A1A-DDD4-43F3-BEB5-64B02B787488.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 235
As of May 17 they still have power but I agree with the previous post that they likely will go dark soon. It feel like you are at the end of the Earth here. Yikes.

Also, the road to access this location is closed for repairs so you have to wind your way through the Sam's club parking lot to find the one route in.

PXL_20210517_191808711.jpg

PXL_20210517_190859442.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210517_191022777.jpg
    PXL_20210517_191022777.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
As of May 17 they still have power but I agree with the previous post that they likely will go dark soon. It feel like you are at the end of the Earth here. Yikes.

Also, the road to access this location is closed for repairs so you have to wind your way through the Sam's club parking lot to find the one route in.

View attachment 663225

View attachment 663226
Did they actually shut down that access road? You can see my previous post where I commented that those were some of the worst potholes I had ever seen on a paved road in a first world country. If they shut it down to fix them, then that is a good thing. They could have swallowed a Model 3 whole (okay not really).

Did they actually shut down that access road? You can see my previous post where I commented that those were some of the worst potholes I had ever seen on a paved road in a first world country. If they shut it down to fix them, then that is a good thing. They could have swallowed a Model 3 whole (okay not really).
Yes from Rangeline Rd. The best access is from E 32nd street. That part of Hammons Road is in great shape.

joplin sc.png

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX and mociaf9
I take it you've never been to Montreal?

• Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I take it you've never been to Montreal?
Yeah, finally there fixing the pot holes. Called city admin 6 months ago and they said no one owns the MLK road - really.
FYI charger is still operational at the closed hotel - May 29 @ 10PM.
Hopefully they keep it open, the amenities are much better. I have been using this charger since it opened in 2016. Not much at the Kum and Go one

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV