TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Journey Notification

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NewTMSMan, Aug 7, 2018.

1. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

On a recent long distance trip using navigation I notice I no longer get App notifications in iOS that I can continue my journey. Anyone else notice that? I have all notifications turned on and I can see on the App how much charge time is remaining, but when it reaches the charge it needs, it just reverts to the charge time needed for full charge and no notification.

2. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Does the "continue journey" message appear on the car's screen? Does your iPhone display an alert when the car nears its full charge? If the answers to these questions are both yes, this could be an unintended bug introduced in an update to the car's firmware or to the Tesla app.

Something you might try is to do a MCU reset in the car, and also restart your iPhone.

3. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

Was your final destination still the end destination or did you click on the supercharger icon and navigate to there?

4. mkinsocal

mkinsocal Member

How recent was your trip? Worked great for us in early June.

5. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Destination was set as final destination, not the supercharger.

Trip was 2 days ago.

6. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Just happened again today. Maybe I have some setting wrong somewhere????

7. ender3

ender3 Member

I made a (short, but required superchargers) road trip last weekend, and I received no notifications anywhere when I had charged enough to continue. As I'm a new owner, and this was my first road trip, I didn't know to expect these alerts. I just set a timer with the intervals that A Better Routeplanner told me to use.

8. srredbeard

srredbeard Member

I thought I must have been going crazy. The same thing happened to me last Saturday on a trip. Prior to that it worked fine. There was no notification on my phone or screen. Both simply changed to indicate time to full charge. Took me a while to notice that I now had enough to continue my trip.

• Informative x 1
  9. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Was just about to post that I was in the car for the last SC of my trip and the car also didn’t indicate anything, just switched to time to full charge as you said.