Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Junction, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Junction,TX

Interstates: I-10
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-83, US-377

I-10
To: Columbus, TX - 238 miles
Diversion: 1mile
To: Channelview, TX - 326 miles

To: Three Rivers, TX (I-10, I-37) - 187 miles
To: Waco, TX (US-377, TX-29, US-281, US-190, I-35) - 218 miles
To: Cisco, TX (US-377, US-283, TX-206) - 159 miles
To: Sweetwater,TX (US-83, TX-158, TX-2111, TX-153, TX-70) - 148 miles

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
Hmm, so how about:
I-10 west from Junction, TX:
Ozona, TX
Fort Stockton, TX
Van Horn, TX

I-20
Midland, TX
Pecos, TX

Then obviously need something on I-10 between Junction, TX and Columbus, TX. Maybe Boerne, TX and Seguin, TX.

Then for I-35 San Marcos, TX to Laredo, TX, Pearsall, TX should split it and then people would be able to jump I-10/I-35 in any direction.

That would also connect El Paso, TX. Las Cruces, NM is rumored, and that's only around 168 miles form Van Horn, TX, so maybe just Socorro, TX and it'd be easy driving as far as Las Cruces, NM and then they'd "just" need to connect the final 337 miles to Casa Grande, AZ.

So, only what 12 more Superchargers needed to stop the complaints about I-10. :p

Last edited:
This is really great news for me. Now my 60D can make it from my home west of San Antonio to Amarillo via Junction-Sweetwater-Childress instead of having to go San Marcos-DFW-OKC. Probably saves almost a day of travel, not to mention a lot of traffic.
That's a great idea. Works from Austin too. I was thinking when Wichita Falls is built the supercharger route from Austin to west on I-40 woukd be Waco, Denton, Wichita Falls, Childress to hit I-40 at Amarillo, but your route of Junction, Sweetwater, Childress saves one supercharger stop and the corresponding extra miles. Either way it's so much better than driving north all the way to Oklahoma City and turning left as we've had to do for so long.

Soon we'll be like California where people have options on what supercharger routing to take!

• Love
Reactions: callmesam
What's your source for Midland? It is at the Flying Js owned by the same guy that hosts the SC in Sweetwater?

3302 Garden City Highway
Midland, TX US 79706

It has to be true because I lived in Lubbock and had been waiting 2 years for SCs in Sweetwater and Junction so I wouldn't have to overnight in Abilene.

I moved to San Antonio 3 months ago and no longer need those SCs so OF COURSE Sweetwater was completed literally the week after I moved. Junction had to be close behind. :)

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
That's a great idea. Works from Austin too. I was thinking when Wichita Falls is built the supercharger route from Austin to west on I-40 woukd be Waco, Denton, Wichita Falls, Childress to hit I-40 at Amarillo, but your route of Junction, Sweetwater, Childress saves one supercharger stop and the corresponding extra miles. Either way it's so much better than driving north all the way to Oklahoma City and turning left as we've had to do for so long.

Soon we'll be like California where people have options on what supercharger routing to take!

If you're in Austin, you can get to Amarillo already by way of Cisco and Childress. Only 2 supercharger stops needed. Cisco->Childress is about 191 miles and doable with a 85kWh and probably smaller batteries depending on how you drive.

Even still great news that I-10 chargers are under construction.

• Informative
Reactions: AZGirl