Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kansas City, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by late last night, and other than the overhead lights being off and packing material still being on the charger cables, it looked like it could be operational. I tried, but it wasn't. :( It looked good though!

Attachments

• IMAG0954.jpg
    IMAG0954.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0955.jpg
    IMAG0955.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 139
Hello Richard, Just plug in and enjoy! It will do everything for you. Simple and easy.

Unless there is a waiting line, like some places in CA, do not worry about over-using the Supercharger.

I plan to be there on the morning of June 27. Then on to my hotel for a few days. We will be there for the National Square Dance Convention at the Convention Center. If you do not Square Dance, bring the family down and watch. It is LOTS of FUN!

We have had ours for one year also, with over 25,000 miles and lots of Supercharger charges from all our trips. We are at 81 Superchargers Visited, and expect to double that with this trip in June/July.

Question: If you were traveling from Joplin Supercharger to West Des Moines Supercharger, what KC supercharger would you use?
The way I would travel is 49, 435 & 70 skipping 71 thru the city and that is 177 miles. From KC to West Des Moines is 185 miles.
That route is 5 miles further than using the Independence Supercharger.
My other concern is the loss time I expect with only 72kw. Any comments?

Stop in at the Hy Vee to use restroom, walk the aisles, buy some snacks (maybe fresh fruit and vegies) and you are charged up. Unless you are in a 100 kWh Tesla the time difference is not much at all. And if you are in a busy supercharger that already has someone on the other side of the paired set, you will charge much faster with an Urban Supercharger. I have pulled into a few Supercharger stations that required me to join an already charging Tesla and was only able to get 25 kW, so 72 kW is MUCH faster. Just saying ....

FWIW. I followed the Tesla navigation directions to this new charger and it took me to the old 7KW Chargepoint stations near the Caribou Coffee shop. You cannot see the Tesla chargers from this location, so I was a bit confused. The Tesla chargers are closer to the front of the Hyvee -- just off NW Barry road. They are not off N. St. Clair Ave. The supercharge.info website has the correct location.
Tesla location.JPG

Attachments

• Tesla location.JPG
    Tesla location.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 86
FWIW. I followed the Tesla navigation directions to this new charger and it took me to the old 7KW Chargepoint stations near the Caribou Coffee shop. You cannot see the Tesla chargers from this location, so I was a bit confused. The Tesla chargers are closer to the front of the Hyvee -- just off NW Barry road. They are not off N. St. Clair Ave. The supercharge.info website has the correct location.
View attachment 307532
I am guessing the car's navigation is simply taking you to the stores address. When I stop by, I stay on Barry Road, and turn into the store off of it, rather than on the store's mailing address.

Was not aware of this site being "urban" chargers. While this works for "in town" folks, it is slow for cross country travelers. Will use the Independence chargers next time.

The Independence supercharger would certainly be faster for east/west travel compared to the Barry Rd location. In a pinch the Barry road is great for the i29 trek north to council bluffs. Certainly not as fast but for north/South travel it can work.

I think on the navigation the charging station does say 72kWh instead of 120 at the top of the info.

Reactions: camthehombre