Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Katy, TX - Katy Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this on Plugshare today.
Wonder now if these will be Super Chargers and CCS?
Here's what it says.

1657569143748.png

Just FYI, there's many of of these coming soon in the area. Most of them show at Timewise.
So there is EA and now the Texas VW settlement grant?

Found this on Plugshare today.
Wonder now if these will be Super Chargers and CCS?
Here's what it says.

View attachment 827489
Just FYI, there's many of of these coming soon in the area. Most of them show at Timewise.
Many Bucees have both Superchargers and planned Electrify America locations

The VW settlement included two separate pots of money. First was that VW had to invest $2B Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) charging infrastructure and in the promotion of ZEVs, they did this through the creation of Electrify America. Then, separate from that, VW also was required to give $3B to a trust fund that would pay out to the states money to mitigate the excess NOx emissions their fruadulent cars put out. Each state gets some portion of the $3B based mostly on how many of the cars were sold/operated within that state, and they can use it for a bunch of different things that all reduce NOx pollution. One limitation on it however is that they can only use a portion of it, IIRC up to 15%, for funding charging infrastructure.

VW also had to pay a penalty of $1.45B for violating the Clean Air Act.

Seems that the pace of Superchargers is increasing. With Federal and State incentives, businesses are anxious to lease "parking lots" to Tesla. My sense is that businesses are finally accepting that EVs aren't going away. HEBs and Buc'ees are excited for the revenue opportunity. Come on North Fort Worth Buc-ees at the Tanger Outlets.
It's not just the federal funding, but it's also a side effect of one or two outlets jumping all-in on EV charging. Once that happened, nobody is going to want to be left behind and it will snowball. It's awesome to be witnessing this transition first hand!

Seems that the pace of Superchargers is increasing. With Federal and State incentives, businesses are anxious to lease "parking lots" to Tesla. My sense is that businesses are finally accepting that EVs aren't going away. HEBs and Buc'ees are excited for the revenue opportunity. Come on North Fort Worth Buc-ees at the Tanger Outlets.
It certainly is. It must keep up with the growth of the Tesla fleet. Data below as of about 1/2 hour ago. Play with the data here. I try to update this site a couple of times a day. The site's primary use is for us supercharger hunters, but I have a few tabs like below to see how the supercharger network is growing.

1659469101685.png

I would say the progress has slowed. All 6 prefab units appear to be mounted but there are still many open trenches and lots of electrical cables still on the spools. There's no transformer yet. It looks like it will be placed east of the chargers, across a driveway. Conduit has been tunneled under the driveway but no foundation has been built yet. These pictures were taken Saturday, Oct 29. The second picture is the presumed location of the transformer.
SuperCharger_Katy_20221029_1.jpg
SuperCharger_Katy_20221029_2.jpg