Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kearney, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always stay at a nearby hotel between 2nd and Central when I drive out that way. I'm stoked that it will be that close. This would place it a bit over 1 mile from I-80.

There's not a ton of parking at Runza's. They would have to place the SC'ers on the far east parking lot side and along the back fence next to the Super 8. That would be OK I guess.

Last edited:
Kearney, NE

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Runza
Along Primary Interstates: I-80
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-30
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-80

To: Grand Island, NE - 41.9 miles
Diversion: 2.3 miles
To: Lincoln - West O St, NE - 127.3 miles

US-30

To: Cedar Rapids, IA - 434 miles
Diversion: 3.2 miles
To: Flossmoor, IL - 656.5 miles

Splitter! Splts 102 miles on I-80, 62.4 miles from Gothenburg, NE, and 41.9 miles to Grand Island, NE.

Another pending Nebraska location identified at a Runza (the other will be at Lincoln - West O St, NE).

Also along US-30.

• Informative
Reactions: Bikeman
Just stopped by. Looks like they are about done and I assume should be up and running in a week or so if it is finished as fast as the one in North Platte was.

Attachments

• B4360F1E-9AA6-4D52-AFE5-54D456273F15.jpeg
    B4360F1E-9AA6-4D52-AFE5-54D456273F15.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 413
Is there any update on this SC? My wife is driving in this area right now and returning is about 2 weeks. Clearly no joy for today but it would make passing through NE on her way home a whole lot easier than relying on the old 120/150kW V2 chargers through the middle of the state.

Felt lucky, so stopped on way to Denver for son's birthday--Kearney is operational! Slow as expected.
At 84% SOC 32 kW is about what would be expected so this isn't representative of a "slow" SC overall performance. My wife will be coming home next week and this will be on her SC list going across NE. I'll get and post her numbers on a Model 3 arriving with an SOC of probably 15% or so.

At 84% SOC 32 kW is about what would be expected so this isn't representative of a "slow" SC overall performance. My wife will be coming home next week and this will be on her SC list going across NE. I'll get and post her numbers on a Model 3 arriving with an SOC of probably 15% or so.
Fair point! It was my brain that was a bit slow at that hour and being on the road for over 600 miles at that point...

US-30

To: Cedar Rapids, IA - 434 miles
Diversion: 3.2 miles
To: Flossmoor, IL - 656.5 miles

Splitter! Splts 102 miles on I-80, 62.4 miles from Gothenburg, NE, and 41.9 miles to Grand Island, NE.

Another pending Nebraska location identified at a Runza (the other will be at Lincoln - West O St, NE).

Also along US-30.

Also along the historic Lincoln Highway - which in Nebraska is more or less U.S. 30 now. (See: Lincoln Highway Map When clicking on the "EV chargers" POI box, the locations have been populated by @Lanny.)

Reactions: Lanny and PLUS EV
As promised here are the numbers from my wife's stop at Kearney SC earlier this morning. She arrived at Kearney having left Ogallala with 18 miles range, approx 6% SOC. Upon plugging in she obtained a charging power of 248kW (briefly peaked at 250 kW) with a charge rate of 1138mph. So the SC is operating at full rated capacity providing our 2022 Model 3 dual motor long range with the maximum charge it could accept.