Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kearny/Harrison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sneaky Tesla, adding new superchargers and not giving any word about it. I stumbled across this one in Kearny/Harrison, NJ @ Wawa. It’s not on Supercharge.info and Tesla never said anything about coming soon.

Attachments

• 4FAD49C0-36D5-4A32-9F7F-19AECAD1A616.jpeg
    4FAD49C0-36D5-4A32-9F7F-19AECAD1A616.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 8B9955B0-5099-40E8-97C1-30150D06D908.jpeg
    8B9955B0-5099-40E8-97C1-30150D06D908.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 375
sneaky Tesla, adding new superchargers and not giving any word about it. I stumbled across this one in Kearny/Harrison, NJ @ Wawa. It’s not on Supercharge.info and Tesla never said anything about coming soon.

According to the manager, there was an issue with the city and something about the permit being wrong on a technicality so the opening was pushed out until Jan 1st. They were supposed to open originally on Halloween.

It’s not on Supercharge.info and Tesla never said anything about coming soon.

This may be the one Tesla has pinned as Newark (Coming Soon, Target opening in 2018). Though that particular designation means almost nothing in my opinion. But Tesla's "Find Us" map puts the pins for future sites on the generic city location and they're choice as to which exact jurisdiction in a highly developed area gets the pin is sometimes somewhat arbitrary or imprecise.

This may be the one Tesla has pinned as Newark (Coming Soon, Target opening in 2018). Though that particular designation means almost nothing in my opinion. But Tesla's "Find Us" map puts the pins for future sites on the generic city location and they're choice as to which exact jurisdiction in a highly developed area gets the pin is sometimes somewhat arbitrary or imprecise.
No. The Newark one is getting installed at the Wawa in Newark on Rt 1&9 . Already confirmed that with that particular Wawa.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Great location for me. Only 5 minutes away from my apartment that refuses to install any charging stations. Looks like all the work from Tesla is done. Probably just waiting for meter install from PSEG which has proven to take weeks to months...

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    482.5 KB · Views: 280
Reactions: Acps110 and MarcoRP
I read somewhere that Wawa and Tesla have a deal as well as Target and Tesla. Supposedly by 2019 all Targets and Wawa's will have Tesla Superchargers at them for destination shopping and resting.
I did read about Tesla and Wawa deal and got very excited! For years, I used to stop at many wawas on my road trips and hoped Tesla superchargers were near by. In many areas wawa gas is also the cheapest.

That's what I thought when looking at the map

• Informative
Reactions: theflyer