Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kearny/Harrison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superchargers are still under tarps!
16F3F312-B1B4-434E-B910-C8DAA338D1EB.jpeg
52A2A4EF-4042-4A56-8341-818205FE9B71.jpeg

Reactions: Autumn and Acps110
I swung by here on my way home after dinner in Newark this evening - no change - the covers are still on the stalls.
The traffic getting out of the Wawa at 8:30pm was terrible.
I agree. This due to the Walmart primarily.
There's another exit. Make right instead of left when coming out of WAWA. and then right again onto the road leading to Harrison Ave.

Drive by on 12/5/18. Looks like all work has been completed, 8 units covered with "Coming Soon" wraps. 8 stalls in an odd pattern, 4 and 4 at the back of the lot near the gas pumps, 2 are head in units. Signs say 10 minute general parking but the chargers are pretty far from Wawa entrance.
View attachment 358346
Drive by on 12/5/18. Looks like all work has been completed, 8 units covered with "Coming Soon" wraps. 8 stalls in an odd pattern, 4 and 4 at the back of the lot near the gas pumps, 2 are head in units. Signs say 10 minute general parking but the chargers are pretty far from Wawa entrance.
View attachment 358346
They have been covered like this for almost 2 months now. I wish I knew what they ate waiting for.

Do you see a power transformer. That is usually the delay. Getting the feeder from the power company and the transformer. I don't see any pictures showing it (out of frame of what is shown)
I’m not an expert but I don’t think there’s a transformer yet. There seems to be about 4 conduits coming out of the ground that aren’t connected to anything.

Reactions: Autumn
They have been covered like this for almost 2 months now. I wish I knew what they ate waiting for.
At the end of October, @navinsiri took a picture which showed that the utility transformer hadn't been installed yet (see post #14 in this thread). It sounds like that hasn't changed. I've highlighted the picture to show where the transformer will go and you can see the conduit stubs sticking up through the concrete pad. So, until that gets installed don't expect any progress. As for what is taking so long to get it installed, it could be a number of things and not all of them contingent on the local power company's scheduling. These transformers are large, expensive hardware with long lead times (i.e. you may have to order/buy them 6-8 months before they are delivered).

Attachments

• Kearny supercharger_transformer pad.JPG
    Kearny supercharger_transformer pad.JPG
    714.1 KB · Views: 64