TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Keith SA

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Chuq, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

This one has been discussed on the MEL-ADL thread. But I think it is clear that Tesla intends to build this one.

We have been aware of this entry for some time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I only just found this one which confirms they have submitted a development application:
    [​IMG]

Exciting times!

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. mike_j

mike_j Member

From the september council minutes...

Res No 391 – Tesla Motors – Super Charger Station – Moved Cr Oliver seconded Cr Murphy that Council has no objection to a Permit being granted to Tesla Motors Australia pursuant to Section 222 of the Local Government Act 1999 to have exclusive use of a portion of Heritage Street Keith for a business purpose namely to establish and an electric charging station to charge electric vehicles subject to: 1. The Permit being in accordance with the draft Permit presented to Council. 2. A one off permit fee of $200 being paid by Tesla Motors Australia. 3. A Development Application being submitted and approved by Council.

• Like x 4
  3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

@jeebb_ - this is the thread you are looking for :)

4. srwx

srwx Member

I wonder if Tesla have a relationship with Shell/Coles as a result of the Euroa install? If so there are Shell/Coles stations at Ballarat, Ararat and Horsham on the MEL-ADL route. Ballarat + Horsham would fill the gap to Keith with all stops in the 185km range of existing supercharger deployments.

5. wpapua

wpapua Member

G'day srwx, My understanding of the Euroa SC, is that the servo is NOT a Shell company owned site, but privately operated, & therefore not a 'direct' relationship between Tesla & Shell. Once the Sydney to Brisbane leg is covered by SC's this year, I'm sure we will see the Melbourne to Adelaide route, starting with Keith, develop fairly quickly.

6. srwx

srwx Member

Seems strange that Keith's plans are so advanced and no word on the rest of the route - Keith will be like a little supercharger island on a much bigger island :)

7. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

#7 RichardMcN, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    On the other hand (from a glass half full perspective) ...

Mel to Adl - Just need a 2h lunchtime charge at the Horsham International and the Keith Supercharger will get you the rest of the way.

Syd to Adl - Now (with Keith) there will be an all-supercharger route via Euroa - apart from overnighting at Horsham - but you have to overnight somewhere !

Perth to Adl - Sorry ;)

• Like x 1
  8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I don't think it's that they are particularly advanced, more that some councils are more open than others, they have different bars set as to what level of development requires a DA, some have more red-tape than others. Tesla could likely be at the same stage with other towns on the route, but we just don't know about it.

• Helpful x 1
  9. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Never actually considered that - only 99km longer than the most direct route too!

• Like x 1
  10. BenT

BenT Member

Keith Supercharger now showing up on the Teslarati map but not on the Tesla website.

Attached Files:

11. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Showing up in Tesla's superchargers app.

Attached Files:

12. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

The Teslarati map is just the http://supercharge.info map, which gets it's info from threads such as these.

I don't know about that app, @joninmelbourne, but it is probably a third party app that does the same thing!

13. srwx

srwx Member

14. lennier

lennier Member

Time to sticky this yet given the increasing info emerging? Likewise Horsham?

15. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Moderators note:
    Thread made sticky as requested.

16. BenT

BenT Member

Thanks to our members we have pictures of SC adjacent Ballarat and it looks almost completed. Do we have any visual confirmation of actual activity on the ground in Keith or just paper work? With a full charge I think it would be just feasible to do the stretch from Keith to Ballarat even without Horsham.

17. voyxr6

voyxr6 Member

Just dropped into Keith - no ground works yet on the supercharger

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  18. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

I'm probably going to drive to Adelaide in April, it doesn't look like I'll be doing it in a day as nothing seems to be happening in Keith

19. bradjc

bradjc Member

Not quickly anyway! I'm planning a trip too, but putting it off until at least Keith is going. Late in the year it will be I'm guessing.

20. Attica04

Attica04 Member

What's the word on the location of the next supercharged on the Melbourne to Adelaide route, is it just Keith and Horsham?