Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Keith SA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one has been discussed on the MEL-ADL thread. But I think it is clear that Tesla intends to build this one.

We have been aware of this entry for some time:
ECIenhV.png

I9xj8NL.png

But I only just found this one which confirms they have submitted a development application:
wCvmzHh.png

Exciting times!

From the september council minutes...

Res No 391 – Tesla Motors – Super Charger Station – Moved Cr Oliver seconded Cr Murphy that Council has no objection to a Permit being granted to Tesla Motors Australia pursuant to Section 222 of the Local Government Act 1999 to have exclusive use of a portion of Heritage Street Keith for a business purpose namely to establish and an electric charging station to charge electric vehicles subject to: 1. The Permit being in accordance with the draft Permit presented to Council. 2. A one off permit fee of $200 being paid by Tesla Motors Australia. 3. A Development Application being submitted and approved by Council.

I wonder if Tesla have a relationship with Shell/Coles as a result of the Euroa install? If so there are Shell/Coles stations at Ballarat, Ararat and Horsham on the MEL-ADL route. Ballarat + Horsham would fill the gap to Keith with all stops in the 185km range of existing supercharger deployments.

I wonder if Tesla have a relationship with Shell/Coles as a result of the Euroa install? If so there are Shell/Coles stations at Ballarat, Ararat and Horsham on the MEL-ADL route. Ballarat + Horsham would fill the gap to Keith with all stops in the 185km range of existing supercharger deployments.
G'day srwx, My understanding of the Euroa SC, is that the servo is NOT a Shell company owned site, but privately operated, & therefore not a 'direct' relationship between Tesla & Shell. Once the Sydney to Brisbane leg is covered by SC's this year, I'm sure we will see the Melbourne to Adelaide route, starting with Keith, develop fairly quickly.

G'day srwx, My understanding of the Euroa SC, is that the servo is NOT a Shell company owned site, but privately operated, & therefore not a 'direct' relationship between Tesla & Shell. Once the Sydney to Brisbane leg is covered by SC's this year, I'm sure we will see the Melbourne to Adelaide route, starting with Keith, develop fairly quickly.

Seems strange that Keith's plans are so advanced and no word on the rest of the route - Keith will be like a little supercharger island on a much bigger island :)

Seems strange that Keith's plans are so advanced and no word on the rest of the route - Keith will be like a little supercharger island on a much bigger island :)
On the other hand (from a glass half full perspective) ...

Mel to Adl - Just need a 2h lunchtime charge at the Horsham International and the Keith Supercharger will get you the rest of the way.

Syd to Adl - Now (with Keith) there will be an all-supercharger route via Euroa - apart from overnighting at Horsham - but you have to overnight somewhere !

Perth to Adl - Sorry ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq

I don't think it's that they are particularly advanced, more that some councils are more open than others, they have different bars set as to what level of development requires a DA, some have more red-tape than others. Tesla could likely be at the same stage with other towns on the route, but we just don't know about it.

• Helpful
Reactions: srwx
Thanks to our members we have pictures of SC adjacent Ballarat and it looks almost completed. Do we have any visual confirmation of actual activity on the ground in Keith or just paper work? With a full charge I think it would be just feasible to do the stretch from Keith to Ballarat even without Horsham.