Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kemptville Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news - Kemptville SC will be energized this coming week. Goal is to have it running before July 1st long weekend. Only unknown is final Hydro One dependency but confidence is high.
Photos are from early this morning (Saturday) and crews were just arriving to continue work.

20220625_095114.jpg

20220625_095129.jpg

20220625_095122.jpg

I asked about it in another thread.

My guess is he wanted credit when he found actual permits, but the mods were merging his posts into existing speculation threads, which just buried his posts.
Yeah I'm with the mods on that one.

Marco seemed to want to create every Supercharger thread, be post #1 so that he showed up as the "owner". Kind of a weird vanity thing. Finding supercharger info was clearly a Role Playing Game ("RPG") to him.

He was also a big contributor to plugshare (and I believe other places), and would create fake charging locations with 120V plugs and call them Tesla sites. [Tesla provides Supercharger and destination charging info to plugshare, but on their own time and convenience.] He was trying to get the jump on a location, again so that he would "own" that site for some reason. This caused a lot of confusion.

Marco did a lot of good things for us but also took some questionable actions that were not productive. I'm sorry to see him go. We might see a slower reaction time in finding new sites but likewise an uptick in correct site info.

AFAIK he was not a Tesla or EV owner.

I dropped by today and someone was pulling the covers off the stalls while someone else was painting the lines. I asked if they were going live today and he said no, but it looks very close...
Does it look like it has been energized by H1 yet? Sometimes sites are ready to go for weeks before they are turned on by the local electrical utility. And then doesn't Tesla have to do some testing before they go fully live?

Does it look like it has been energized by H1 yet? Sometimes sites are ready to go for weeks before they are turned on by the local electrical utility. And then doesn't Tesla have to do some testing before they go fully live?
I didn't look for the Hydro One connection or ask any more questions. I'm sure they get tired of Tesla owners bugging them... And yes, Tesla usually does the final commissioning before they go live, but that can happen quickly.

Reactions: XHabjab
I had a round trip to Ogdensburg today so on the way south I stopped by the Kemptville SC site to see if there was any progress. Almost everything is exactly as photographed by @GoldenBasis on 8 July 22 with the exception of the stall lines now being painted. The connector pedestals are still covered and the meter cabinet is still locked so there is certainly no visible sign of progress. So on we must wait....

Last edited: