Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kennebunk, ME (I-95 NB and SB service plazas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any new updates/issues at Kennebunk southbound? I may use it next week if it's fully operational, but can easily skip it if necessary.
I think so. Someone added two photos on PlugShare of the new ChargePoint chargers. In the back of the photo, there is an MX parked, and probably charging. If the SCs don’t work, the person who took the photos reported a successful charge on the DCFC. Hope this helps :)

(To look at the last checkin at Kennebunk SB from PlugShare, about half of the chargers are giving juice)

Attachments

• BA698E53-54FD-4BAF-8916-6F237D599C52.jpeg
    BA698E53-54FD-4BAF-8916-6F237D599C52.jpeg
    799.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 426487AC-EE91-4D36-A450-2C4E3553F4B1.jpeg
    426487AC-EE91-4D36-A450-2C4E3553F4B1.jpeg
    684.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: ArcticStation
Southbound is also running as of yesterday afternoon.

FYI, to close the loop on a previous post.....the Chargepoints have their own transformer cabinet, and are not running on the Tesla-installed hardware. If you're facing the stalls, there is a grey cabinet to the left of the back side of the Tesla transformer, with a bunch of hay on the ground for the recent trench work to install the Chargepoints.

Stopped at southbound SC on sept 6. Two chargers are broken. Blue tape on them with BAD.
While I was there someone pulled up and tried one. No joy. We both successfully charged using other Superchargers

How do we report this to Tesla?

You can enter and exit the the southbound plaza without getting on the highway but have to stop at the toll booth on the way in and then turn left. Not sure how they account for vehicles that don't get on the roadway.
You can also get and off at the NB plaza, though it’s not strictly legit.

You still need to pay the $1 toll, go straight and then make this slightly dodgy left hand turn into the parking lot after passing the tractor trailer parking.

Technically you are gong the wrong way here for about 20 yards but its really wide and no real oncoming traffic.

Alternatively you can go up to just before the main building and left turn into what is technically the staff parking and proceed left after getting into the main car park.

Again there are signs discouraging this!

To get back, come out the way you came in and pass by the toll booths (no toll here)

Attachments

• 65032E90-CBE5-4523-BC4F-0BB8DEB4067C.jpeg
    65032E90-CBE5-4523-BC4F-0BB8DEB4067C.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 45
Maybe, if people would charge at home instead of driving to the superchargers, there wouldn't be this problem. I tend to doubt that all those chargers are in use for long distance travel, especially with the model S and X, which charge for free. I don't know if superchargers are cheaper than charging a Model 3 or Y at home, but here again, it might be speed of charge, especially since some can't remember to charge at night or don't want to walk to the apartment from the L2 charger. Just conjecture, but I see it where I live: Someone drives up to the superchargers and plugs in when I know they live two blocks away. Pretty d--- cheap, when you can't afford to charge your hundred-thousand-dollar car even when it costs a quarter of filling a car with gas.

Maybe, if people would charge at home instead of driving to the superchargers, there wouldn't be this problem. I tend to doubt that all those chargers are in use for long distance travel, especially with the model S and X, which charge for free. I don't know if superchargers are cheaper than charging a Model 3 or Y at home, but here again, it might be speed of charge, especially since some can't remember to charge at night or don't want to walk to the apartment from the L2 charger. Just conjecture, but I see it where I live: Someone drives up to the superchargers and plugs in when I know they live two blocks away. Pretty d--- cheap, when you can't afford to charge your hundred-thousand-dollar car even when it costs a quarter of filling a car with gas.
Kennebunk is in a service plaza on an Interstate, nobody is charging there who isn't traveling. It costs 41 cents per KWh at Kennebunk vs 25 cents at home in Massachusetts. Not only does it cost much less to charge at home then it does at a Supercharger it's also vastly more convenient. Superchargers are for traveling and everyone at the Kennebunk Supercharger was clearly doing that, yesterday there was only one Maine plate all of the rest were from Massachusetts and New York

Kennebunk is in a service plaza on an Interstate, nobody is charging there who isn't traveling. It costs 41 cents per KWh at Kennebunk vs 25 cents at home in Massachusetts. Not only does it cost much less to charge at home then it does at a Supercharger it's also vastly more convenient. Superchargers are for traveling and everyone at the Kennebunk Supercharger was clearly doing that, yesterday there was only one Maine plate all of the rest were from Massachusetts and New York
Massachusetts is .44cents per kWh now. Only off-peak is .25cents.

There is no such thing as off peak in Mass. It's a fixed rate. There is National Grids piece which is 14.6 cents per KWh and the supply charge which for me is 10.5 cents, that's 25.1 cents. Don't know where you are getting a 44 cent number from.