Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kennewick, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Chelan and Douglas County last week. It was really bad. We were boarding up my wife's family farm house that was damage by the fire. It saved by the heroic efforts of several neighbors and the fact that the siding is made of asbestos. Pretty grim country side these days.

Agreed about the fire, good to hear about the house was saved, I had family come over and stay with me when Chelan lost power.

Construction Update – August 25th

Good progress ! ! !
The equipment enclosure has mounted, locked doors.
There is power at the meter.
Site lighting poles are erected, but still need lamps.
Close to final inspections and commissioning.

Driver view upon entry to service station
driver view.JPG

Note the lampless poles against our ember enhanced sunset

Doors on equipment enclosure
enclosure doors.JPG

Power at meter
meter.JPG

Service inspection
early inspection.JPG

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a meter at a Supercharger before. Will it still be visible after all the construction is done?

Would be interesting to see the overall efficiency of the system - check the meter, supercharge, see how many kWh the car took, check the meter again and compare.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a meter at a Supercharger before. Will it still be visible after all the construction is done?

Would be interesting to see the overall efficiency of the system - check the meter, supercharge, see how many kWh the car took, check the meter again and compare.

Almost every Supercharger Site has a meter somewhere. I've seen them at many.

The problem with trying to read the meter is that they are almost always Current Transformer (CT) meters with multipliers like the x80 on this meter. That means that the "tenths of kWh" resolution on the meter is actually 8.0 kWh per tick. That is pretty course information for checking efficiency, but good enough for billing.

Good progress ! ! !
The equipment enclosure has mounted, locked doors.
There is power at the meter.
Site lighting poles are erected, but still need lamps.
Close to final inspections and commissioning.

I'm going to Montana on Thursday, so I hope they get this wrapped up before then. I was happy a month ago when they started, but now a bit nervous if I'll have to stick to my original plan and go via Ellensburg. It will be a long drive and shaving 40 miles off (as well as charging time) would be really nice.

Skyhawk,
Have you been there recently this past week?

I'm going to Montana on Thursday, so I hope they get this wrapped up before then.

. . .

Skyhawk,
Have you been there recently this past week?

I having been checking ever other day until this week and then nightly checks. Anyway it is so, so close. At this point they are just waiting for the Tesla engineer and the last site inspection. Jointly they can turn it on. On Monday the seal coat was added. On Tuesday the lamps were mounted and today the cones behind the charger row were removed. Perhaps there is a schedule issue.

For tomorrow, I would hit Ellensburg if that is most comfortable, as no wind is forecast to give you free assist to Ritzville. It will likely be lunchtime or later before you could count on a charge, if the inspections, etc. happen. However stay posted for the return from Montana. There are still two more work days this week before Labor Day weekend.

I have my fingers crossed. Have a safe trip.

Charged at Kennewick today!

At 11:40 am 9/3/2015 Tesla Technician let me charge!
Today was the last day of of a week long road trip from Bellingham to Butte and back via Walla Walla (thanks to a charger at The Inn at Abeja). Thought I would see if the Kennewick station had opened yet. A Tesla technician was testing each plug with his company MS (California plates). I asked if I could add a few miles and he agreed! He moved a couple of cones and let me use the first station. Stall lines not even painted yet. After 20 minutes he said he would need to shut off the power. Didn't say when the official opening will take place. The extra miles of charge allowed us to explore a few more back roads. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Still adding final touch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 351