Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA - Bernard Dr. (LIVE, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A permit is in place for the installation of a new Supercharger at the Bravo Farms in Kettleman City (33341 Bernard Dr). The permit was approved just over a year ago and is set to expire soon unless it is renewed, which will probably be what happens. I'm not exactly clear on the details listed on the permit so I'll say that the number of stalls is between 8 and 20. Tesla's projected opening date is in the 4th quarter.

Kettleman City.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love In-N-Out!
Haha, maxed out, oh yeah... Thanksgiving w/e 2019. But that is already being addressed. Firebaugh with 56 chargers, Harris ranch expansion (are they expanding to 80, or adding 80 to the 18 already there?) plus another one in Buttonwillow. Whew! Honorable mention to several more along 99.

All that said, this looks like a great spot for a Semi charging station.

Was just there Thursday 6/24/21. Plenty of shade and many v3 chargers, but poor eating choices. I know that one of Elon's goals is to fix that in future places, and maybe this can get an upgrade.

Inside is just cold sandwiches in a vending machine.

If you've got your own food, it rocks!

IMG_8271.png

Was just there Thursday 6/24/21. Plenty of shade and many v3 chargers, but poor eating choices. I know that one of Elon's goals is to fix that in future places, and maybe this can get an upgrade.

Inside is just cold sandwiches in a vending machine.

If you've got your own food, it rocks!

View attachment 679034
Guess grabbing grub to eat while charging before charger plug-in is a good idea. Most charging I did on my 45 state tour was about 35 minutes. More often under 20. So getting food after plug-in can be stressful.

This thread is for discussion of a second Supercharger site in Kettleman City, CA which, at the time of this writing, is not even under construction yet.

Discussion of the first, existing Kettleman City Supercharger can (and should) be in this thread:

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
I love In-N-Out!
Haha, maxed out, oh yeah... Thanksgiving w/e 2019. But that is already being addressed. Firebaugh with 56 chargers, Harris ranch expansion (are they expanding to 80, or adding 80 to the 18 already there?) plus another one in Buttonwillow. Whew! Honorable mention to several more along 99.

All that said, this looks like a great spot for a Semi charging station.
Semi charging at the bravo farms parking lot? Not a chance

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
I was by the site today. The empty lot at the bottom of the picture on the initial photograph in this thread now has lots of grey electrical pipes and what looks like at least 20 stubbed spots. more areas being built. Minimally fenced. I assume this is the site. looks much bigger than the permit above that lists 8 chargers
Bravo Farms Supercharger.jpg
This is taken from the hill at the end of the IN N Out, which is behind me. To my left is Bravo farms on the same side of Bernard as this lot. I'm not sure what the crib forms on the right of the photo are for. There are also several posts, so hopefully shade and solar like at the other Kettleman site.

I count nearly 56 pedestal bases, so this is going to be a big one like Firebaugh and Tejon Outlets. The forms on the right could be for future slabs to support the utility transformers (two) and perhaps Megapack(s). Canopies to provide shade, like at Firebaugh, sure would be nice (with solar panels atop, of course), as it can get hot here.

I count nearly 56 pedestal bases, so this is going to be a big one like Firebaugh and Tejon Outlets. The forms on the right could be for future slabs to support the utility transformers (two) and perhaps Megapack(s). Canopies to provide shade, like at Firebaugh, sure would be nice (with solar panels atop, of course), as it can get hot here.

Agreed on 56. I counted 53, which leads me to believe this site will have 56, which is two complete Supercharger systems. Each system is 7 cabinets networked together with 4 pedestals per cabinet.