Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA - Bernard Dr. (LIVE, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that today is the busiest travel day of the year, I was really curious to know how the newly-expanded Kettleman City, CA supercharger is doing today? An additional 56 stalls were recently added. So I was curious to know, with 96 stalls, if Tesla drivers still had to wait to charge? If so, how long were the waiting times?

I may be using this supercharger on a busy travel weekend in a few months and was curious to know how long of a wait I should expect.

Any reports from people who have actually charged here today are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you,
joebruin77

Given that today is the busiest travel day of the year, I was really curious to know how the newly-expanded Kettleman City, CA supercharger is doing today? An additional 56 stalls were recently added. So I was curious to know, with 96 stalls, if Tesla drivers still had to wait to charge? If so, how long were the waiting times?

I may be using this supercharger on a busy travel weekend in a few months and was curious to know how long of a wait I should expect.

Any reports from people who have actually charged here today are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you,
joebruin77
Just checked right now on the in car display. Both the old location and new location have 11 stalls available each.

Everyone will have slightly different timings and it's still early afternoon, but along I-5, it was about like
  • Kettleman 1 was full
  • Kettleman 2 was about half to 3/4 full so it was really great
  • All the V2s were pretty much full and stayed full
  • Firebaugh was almost full and the rest of the V3s like Copus/Tejon/etc. were about half to 3/4 full too
It could fill up more as the afternoon rolls into evening.

Thank you,
joebruin77
Tesla free Supercharging today along I-5 and Hwy 99 and part of Hwy 1 during off-peak (late evening through the early morning) may be helping to space out usage. Hopefully, it will also help on Sunday.

Brilliant idea on Tesla's part

Reactions: israndy and Jeepxj
Having a bit of difficulty imagining what the place is like since there haven't been any pics other than the dirt lot. People say it's across the road, is the across Bernard Dr.? So I look up the map on Tesla.com/FindUs:
Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 4.00.55 PM.png

And contrast with the satellite view on Google:
Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 4.04.06 PM.png

Thought I would post incase anyone else is in the same boat.

I wonder how many people will visit the one charger w/o noticing the other like people do at Mt. Shasta, they are so close their pins will sit on top of each other. Excellent about the In-N-Out and Dog Park, can't wait.

Reactions: smilepak
Having a bit of difficulty imagining what the place is like since there haven't been any pics other than the dirt lot. People say it's across the road, is the across Bernard Dr.? So I look up the map on Tesla.com/FindUs:
View attachment 737422
View attachment 737423

I wonder how many people will visit the one charger w/o noticing the other like people do at Mt. Shasta, they are so close their pins will sit on top of each other. Excellent about the In-N-Out and Dog Park, can't wait.

The FindUs map is correct. Note that Bernard extends across the highway, then turns to the south along the dirt lot that is now home to 56 Supercharger stalls.

Hopefully they get the paving crew there this next week so it's all ready for the rains and for the Xmas holiday

Anyone know if this place will get a solar canopy and battery storage? Probably the only Tesla charger that DOESN'T need a lounge in 1000 miles.

Hopefully they get the paving crew there this next week so it's all ready for the rains and for the Xmas holiday

Anyone know if this place will get a solar canopy and battery storage? Probably the only Tesla charger that DOESN'T need a lounge in 1000 miles.
I am driving back to the valley either tomorrow or Sunday and will be stopping at this one to charge. I will walk around and see if a Megapack concrete slab is already installed and take some more pictures of the site in general. I am not sure we are going to see a solar canopy here anytime soon but I could be wrong.

View attachment 737422
View attachment 737423

I think ppl mean Across the road to mean, its on the OTHER side of 41.. unless they have added an entrance access road before that first gas station (here where the in and out burger sits (how long has THAT been there, nice!) one may have to meander to get to this off Bernad south. Have they also put up one of those TESLA SUPERCHARGER - WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YA! big giant roadside posts?