Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although for Navigation to the site Teslas won't need the sign to find it but certainly it will get the name out there for all to see.

Have to say this Tesla oasis is really nice to see going up. Thanks for all the photos. Kind of makes me want to just do a trip over there to see it when it's complete.

In general I think Tesla puts money into things where they really think it's needed. Just think of the minimal interiors and decluttering of the dashboard as where it's not needed. And certainly reuse/recycle is part of their program from SpaceX to used car batteries going into other things. This old location would be another good example. The Santa Clara, CA service center was some other business before Tesla took it over and converted the space for their needs.

Hopefully there will be some guidance from Tesla in how cars get directed through the stall areas. Expect all these charging sites to get super busy and I've read at some locations already it's kind of a free for all as to how to line up for spots.

Last edited:
I swung by the location yesterday afternoon (11/8/17) on my way from SF down to LA. Took a ton of pics. The guy I talked to on site said there was supposed to be a big inspection at the site this weekend by Tesla. There was a TON of activity going on, workers wiring stuff up, pavers doing their thing, etc. The guy said he thinks they should be good to open in the next week or so. (Disclaimer, he was just a worker, no inside knowledge) He mentioned he hasn't seen the inside of the lounge personally, but knew there was a ton of people inside working on "wiring up all the coffee makers and whatnot".
IMG_1920.JPGIMG_1930.JPGIMG_9699.JPGIMG_1935.JPGIMG_1916.JPGIMG_1931.JPGIMG_1928.JPGIMG_7319.JPGIMG_1910.JPGIMG_9988.JPG

Last edited:
Judging by the number of workers on site in some of these reports as well as them working at night, I’d say they are targeting an opening before Thanksgiving. Ambitious, but it looks like it could happen.
I think you may be correct. That would be incredible. I will be passing by there next Tuesday the 15th and then again on Nov. 26th. Maybe I will get to use this location then.

I think you may be correct. That would be incredible. I will be passing by there next Tuesday the 15th and then again on Nov. 26th. Maybe I will get to use this location then.
Yes, it would be incredible for opening by Thanksgiving. Looks like they have part of the landscaping near the building done between yesterday and today. Must be some great incentives for the contractors to meet certain opening deadline.

Went to Teslas site to check the map for "coming soon" supercharger sites and was shocked to not even see any markings for Kettleman City. Like it's a figment of our imaginations or a mirage in the desert. But we have photos to the contrary :D. Are there other Tesla SC oases that aren't on their map at all?

Went to Teslas site to check the map for "coming soon" supercharger sites and was shocked to not even see any markings for Kettleman City. Like it's a figment of our imaginations or a mirage in the desert. But we have photos to the contrary :D. Are there other Tesla SC oases that aren't on their map at all?
How would we know? ;)

It has been noted before in this very long thread that this site is not on the Tesla website “Find Us” map. We don’t know why that is.

Stopped by tonight, 11/10 around 6pm. Outside, crews were sweeping up the concrete surfaces and installing covers for the lighting around the perimeter of each solar canopy. Inside, a crew was arranging all the Tesla swag onto shelves and racks. There are monitors and a Powerwall setup as well. All the signage is lit up, as were most of the supercharger pedestals. The landscaping looked done. It's an impressive, well-lit station, though it took us a while to find it as it sits just off the main road.

Seems like it's really, really close to completion.

IMG_3446.JPG
IMG_8201.JPG
IMG_9313.JPG
IMG_4518.JPG