Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9:37pm last night (Fri March 20, 2020) was able to access with the given access code. The restroom was very clean as usual (best you can find anywhere) and was able to purchase a drink at the vending machine. I did not see any Tesla employees at the time. I did not stay very long. Went back to our car and took a short power nap while charging. I really love this charging station and a great pit stop.

I was at KC Supercharger last night (05/03) around 5:45pm. The lounge was open and bathrooms accessible.
I could not tell if the coffee barista was working since they were all cleaning up getting ready to close at 6pm. After 6pm the restrooms at the other side of the parking lot are accessible with same key code for the lounge.

Reactions: KJD
I was at KC Supercharger last night (05/03) around 5:45pm. The lounge was open and bathrooms accessible.
I could not tell if the coffee barista was working since they were all cleaning up getting ready to close at 6pm. After 6pm the restrooms at the other side of the parking lot are accessible with same key code for the lounge.

Just to add to what you said, was told, "No eating inside the lounge, you have to either eat outside at the picnic tables or in your car.
The last Wednesday the code keys were not working, but they let us in to use the restrooms. The best restrooms outside of our & family's homes.

Sparky, Thank you for the update on Kettleman City Supercharger.

Last edited:
When we drove through there last Friday morning they said the code was not working and they let us in. They were selling coffee drinks (Espressos… ) “to go”
They also mentioned that they now sell car accessories in addition to the other items that they sell. Tire repair kits, tire chains etc.
We bought a couple of cappuccinos and sat outside on the patio with our dog while our car was charging

• Informative
Reactions: DOCAL and thecloud
When we drove through there last Friday morning they said the code was not working and they let us in. They were selling coffee drinks (Espressos… ) “to go”
They also mentioned that they now sell car accessories in addition to the other items that they sell. Tire repair kits, tire chains etc.
We bought a couple of cappuccinos and sat outside on the patio with our dog while our car was charging
I should mention that we did the longest straight through drive of my life electric or otherwise on that day. 1100 miles straight through. Left Palm Desert California at 5 AM on Friday and arrived in Southwest Washington at 1:20 AM on Saturday. Didn’t want to stay in a hotel overnight as we usually do. Our biggest worry was access to restrooms. Fortunately we had no problems and were able to use the restroom at every charging stop. Listed below…
Tejon CA (restroom In the mini mart of the gas station)
Kettleman City CA (Tesla Lounge)
Gustin CA (the hotel across the parking lot)
Williams California (Restaurant restroom)
Mount Shasta California (Best Western Hotel)
Grants Pass, Oregon (Black Bear Diner)
Springfield Oregon (Hilton Express)

Kettleman’s lounge is now closed, but the outdoor restrooms will stay open, accessible with the code in your car.

Third Row Tesla Podcast on Twitter

D3783E1D-0DB4-4649-BFD3-94236BB62BE4.jpeg

Stopped by yesterday afternoon, and the two employees did what they could to manage flow.
Technically, you can only get in there to grab a coffee/snack of use the restroom. No “lounging” permitted.
Still very cool that this is “open”, so tip generously!

And keep your distance from others. Real tricky on a confined space. They have some lines on the floor to help.

There is a keycode you need to enter to unlock the door to the lounge. It's available on your car's screen when displaying the Supercharger site details. My guess would be that you'll still be able to get inside to use the vending machines and bathrooms but there may not be a barista to make your drink(s).

Kettleman’s lounge is now closed, but the outdoor restrooms will stay open, accessible with the code in your car.

Third Row Tesla Podcast on Twitter

View attachment 540363

Frick... The restrooms are outdoors!? On Sat, myself and three other ppl after me tried to go inside to use the restroom but the code wouldn't open the lounge doors. Tesla didn't have great instructions where to find the bathrooms.

I'd been holding it for over an hour and a half before I even got to Kettleman SuC. Eventually stopped at the next state Caltrans rest stop.

For those of you planning evening stops here over the next several weeks, traffic might be a bit messy.

View attachment 557935

I will be driving through Kettleman tomorrow evening as I head to the beach for the weekend so I will provide my experience as I stop at the Supercharger. I should be driving in the area around 6PM so hopefully I don't hit the road closure but we will see.