Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a door code? LOL Oooook!
Yes. There is a pin pad on the door and a four digit code in the navigation system. This keeps random people out and allows Tesla owners to access the lounge, vending machines and restrooms even when it is unstaffed.

This isn’t unique to Kettleman City, either. The coffee shop adjacent to the Superchargers in Cle Elum, WA partnered with Tesla to provide 24/7 restroom and lounge access via a similar electronic lock and nav PIN arrangement.

Last edited:
The supercharger lounge in Seaside CA also has a code. Nice little lounge there with a kids play area back when I was last there 2 years ago. The lounge in Kettleman also has stuff to keep children entertained.

They had the door access restricted even at mid day when it was staffed. Some folks just didn't know about the code while one of them forgot the # at the end, and asked me while I was nearby in the dog area.

Reactions: alexcue
The supercharger lounge in Seaside CA also has a code. Nice little lounge there with a kids play area back when I was last there 2 years ago. The lounge in Kettleman also has stuff to keep children entertained.
Yes,this is at the Service Center across the tracks from Costco. Not to be confused with the larger (faster) new chargers in Sand City ( about two football field lengths away).

Reactions: suraj1194
Yes. There is a pin pad on the door and a four digit code in the navigation system. This keeps random people out and allows Tesla owners to access the lounge, vending machines and restrooms even when it is unstaffed.

This isn’t unique to Kettleman City, either. The coffee shop adjacent to the Superchargers in Cle Elum, WA partnered with Tesla to provide 24/7 restroom and lounge access via a similar electronic lock and nav PIN arrangement.
Ha! Way cool. Thank you for that!

Anyone know if the lounge is open for sitting again yet?
I was there about a month ago and it was open for business inside, restrooms included. But they are very strict with the masking policy and will not allow eating inside the lounge - they will ask you to use the patio tables outside when consuming food/drink.

There last Sunday, 11/7.
Barista open for business. We used the restrooms. Enjoyed our espresso drinks on the patio with our dog Gracie. The barista surprised us with a Tesla logo tennis ball for our dog with our drink order.
6C2E7B82-3613-4CBB-87C2-CDB3361635E2.jpeg

The in car display ought to more prominently display the door code here, perhaps proactively when plugged in. There was a steady stream of first timers pulling on the lounge door and being confused why it wouldn’t open. I helped three groups out that way.
Yes, the Nav should definitely pop-up with the entry code. I found it the first time I stopped last week but it took a while of zooming the map to find the supercharger icon (it gets hidden if you are zoomed out too far). The second time, I pulled up to supercharger info card but the code was missing. Luckily I remembered it from the previous day and the code was still valid.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Several times I was at Kettleman when my car did not have the current update, so the code displayed in Nav was not the most recent and didn't work. Fortunately Tesla owners are a helpful bunch, so when they see another owner frowning and punching in the numbers (even remembering the symbol at the end) and trying the door and not getting anywhere, they assume you must be a "first timer" and helpfully explain the system while letting you inside. I mean, that's what I've heard, anyway.