Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this photo, it kinda looks like a gas station... Where's the dirty-water bucket and window squeegee?

Given the challenges of keeping the top 1/3 of the windshield clean, a few buckets of clean water and squeegees would be very well-received.

One guy manages to provide exactly this (a bucket and squeegee, always in good condition) at the Centralia, Oregon SC. Great stewardship.

Presumably with 24/7 staffing at the Kettleman location (convenience store clerk/restrooms supplies restocker/site security), maintaining a few buckets and squeegees will be simple, standard, and a consistently-available feature.

Given the challenges of keeping the top 1/3 of the windshield clean, a few buckets of clean water and squeegees would be very well-received.

One guy manages to provide exactly this (a bucket and squeegee, always in good condition) at the Centralia, Oregon SC. Great stewardship.

Presumably with 24/7 staffing at the Kettleman location (convenience store clerk/restrooms supplies restocker/site security), maintaining a few buckets and squeegees will be simple, standard, and a consistently-available feature.

PLEASE!!!
I was so happy when I saw that bucket in Washington

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
It's actually Centralia, Washington -- but still the Pacific Northwest on I-5 :) And yes, the bucket is nice. Many of the Superchargers in various Fred Meyer locations are near their gas station facility and the buckets and squeegees are pretty close. Similarly for other service-station co-located Superchargers.

Today.

So close now...

IMG_3192.jpg

yes, it was blinking green light

I had around 60% battery, so charge rate was about 70kw

Sorry, diddn't have much time to wander around. Just drove up to see progress, saw that it was open and lit, plugged in, took pictures and left...
Thanks for the details and the update, I look forward to quoting you on Talking Tesla (we're recording early this week, Sun afternoon).

Reactions: gene and WalterB
yes, it was blinking green light
I had around 60% battery, so charge rate was about 70kw
Sorry, diddn't have much time to wander around. Just drove up to see progress, saw that it was open and lit, plugged in, took pictures and left...
Thanks for your post. It sounds like you drove in and charged.

Which leads me to conclude that this new site is operational and open to Tesla owners. Before I change the thread title I would like confirmation of that from others. I’m sure that on this well-traveled route more TMC members will be visiting shortly to check it out! I will be there next Wednesday.

Last edited:
I stopped here around 8pm last night on my way south. The large monitor inside the showroom was on and the big white "Tesla" sign was lit but it was otherwise deserted, coned off and the Supercharger "Tesla" lights were all off.
It looks like an easy half-way point from Santa Cruz to L.A. I set my nav to come to this address and set out with 250 miles of charge.
I still stopped at HR, 27 miles up the road, by then Nav estimated I would arrive at KC with about 30 miles of range. Driving normal I-5 speeds, FYI.
This will definitely be a great single-stop spot when my Model 3 LR shows up. With the X90, doesn't make sense to spend the time to get a full charge vs just stopping again at Tejon or Bakersfield IMO.

I stopped here around 8pm last night on my way south. The large monitor inside the showroom was on and the big white "Tesla" sign was lit but it was otherwise deserted, coned off and the Supercharger "Tesla" lights were all off
Thanks for your report, which lends support to the idea that @WalterB happened to be there when the power was on but before the site was marked to indicate it was not yet open.

I don't think site is fully operational yet. Mainly because it's not clear if they turned it on permanently or it was just test. Also no pavement markings, no end stops yet.
Yes, I think that is the case.

Given the high number of Teslas using this section of I5 I’m sure that we will get on-site reports every day. :cool:

Drove by today and was turned away from charging due contruction crew still working on the site. They were installing metal railings around the walkways and bollards around the electrical cabinets. Most of the landscape is complete with astroturf in the front and the crew moving landscape rocks around the cacti. No parking lines or end stops for each charging spot. The lounge looks almost done from what I could see from the sidewalk; they have seating, drink amenities and a mini gallery for Solar/Powerwall (with one on display). The parking spots between 2B and 3A now have HPWCs. I talked with some of the crew working on the site and they mention that it should be all wrapped up before the holiday.

Here is a nice album of pics that I took while I was there:
Tesla Supercharger Kettleman Cit

Last edited: