Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

....... yes.......

Unless you are at a site with an odd number of stalls, and that is the one you get.

Unless you are at a site with an odd number of stalls, and that is the one you get.

The notable outsider being 3 unpaired stalls at Madison, WI (89 E Towne Mall )
supercharge.info

Info from 2nd Madison Supercharger thread: Supercharger - Madison, Wisconsin (Hy-Vee)
The plans had 6 stalls, but only 3 were built because the mall had last minute concerns about committing 6 parking spaces. That makes Madison unique in having 3 supercharger cabinets for 3 unpaired stalls.

Google's 360 degrees photos with 3 cabinets + 3 stalls: Google Maps

Last edited:
The coffee bar is closed for the holiday. Will re-open 9am January 2nd.

I tried the vending machine coffee. Unsurprisingly, it is not GREAT, but it only cost two bucks and it's easy to use. There is also a Starbucks within walking distance along with a lot of other fast food.

• Informative
Reactions: K3Man and DOCAL
The coffee bar is closed for the holiday. Will re-open 9am January 2nd.

I tried the vending machine coffee. Unsurprisingly, it is not GREAT, but it only cost two bucks and it's easy to use. There is also a Starbucks within walking distance along with a lot of other fast food.
yeah, I find the Starbucks a nice choice overall. It's a bit cheaper too and it's a nice 5-8 minute walk to stretch the legs.

Please stop spreading false information. The site clearly says that that is the average rate for the entire country. The rate differs from site to site.

My bad, despite your discourteous comment, your right. Although, it's not "clearly" as I read it a few times before notice that.

Which leads me to ask, will the prices be changing hour by hour or vary by nearby locations? It says pricing is available on the "the navigation application on the vehicle touchscreen" but my car shows no pricing for any stations nearby (just the idle fees). How close do you have to be before they tell you? Could Harris Ranch be cheaper than Kettleman City (or vice-versa)?

My bad, despite your discourteous comment, your right. Although, it's not "clearly" as I read it a few times before notice that.

Which leads me to ask, will the prices be changing hour by hour or vary by nearby locations? It says pricing is available on the "the navigation application on the vehicle touchscreen" but my car shows no pricing for any stations nearby (just the idle fees). How close do you have to be before they tell you? Could Harris Ranch be cheaper than Kettleman City (or vice-versa)?
I don’t see any prices in the nav screen either. Could it be that I have free supercharging?

What a difference a year makes
We were at the amazing Tesla Supercharger in Kettleman City, California the weekend before Christmas, probably the busiest travel weekend of the year on December 20th 2017 and again on December 22, 2018. This video shows both visits in sequence fo} comparison. The result of an amazing year for Tesla and the Model 3.
Here’s a video comparing the two visits...

Tesla Supercharger Usage Increase!

I was charging here today and chatted with a very nice Tesla Mobile Service tech who is based out of Bakersfield. He said that just a few hours earlier the red Tesla Semi that was at the Model Y unveil last night was briefly charging here. I just missed it! It was on its way back to Fremont.

You have a habit of just missing things at this Supercharger. :cool:

Bruce.

I'm still waiting to see the semi, on road or parked. If I do encounter one, I'd probably follow it for a bit to see it on the road! :D

Hey I hope there will be another Kettleman road trip planned as we leave the wet weather behind. Had so much fun on the event we attended and certainly up for another lunch at Harris Ranch. This time we'll probably bring my Model 3 as it's never been on a road trip before and the extra range will be nice.