Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the article...
tesla-supercharger-kettleman-city-4-smaller.png

From google...
Google Maps

KettlemanCity.png

Very cool. This is the perfect crossroads-type location at a major artery like I-5 and a heavily traveled regional highway connecting inland with the coast.

Can't wait to stop here on the way to Paso Robles and Cambria.

Do you think Kettleman City can become my only stop for my SF road trips? I live in Irvine (O.C).

It's a 220 mile drive from Irvine to Kettleman City
And 210 from Kettleman City to SF.

I have a X90D so ~257 rated miles.

Currently I go from Irvine to Buttonwillow: 165
Buttonwillow to Gustine: 150
Gustine to SF: 110

It's a mighty long walk to In N Out in that bare sun and a lot of Big rig. Lol

As for distant, I doubt the 70D can make in there on a full charge of 230. With the 5 freeway mountain, it might end up being 200 range. So must stop at Tjon for me, coming in from Ontario.

So stop Tjon, Kettleman, Gilroy, San Jose.

Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet,
Maybe because the Electrek article was only published 42 minutes ago? ;)

Thanks for spotting the article and starting this thread! That is going to be an amazing site.

I am trying to figure out if the site plan shows a charging stall space that would be suitable for someone who is towing a trailer and if they could charge without unhitching but I don't think so, the lanes don't allow enough room to maneuver with a trailer.

I posted in the Barstow thread about how once they expanded to 16 stalls there would never be a line of cars waiting to charge. I offered a free dinner to whomever posted a picture of their car waiting in line to charge. No takers yet.

When this 40 STALL station is complete. If you post a picture of 40 occupied stalls, with your car in line, I will:
1. Buy you a Kobe steak dinner...
2. In Tokyo Japan...
3. After flying you there 1st class...

So go ahead and start posting about how the flood of Model 3's will overwhelm the Supercharger network. And have pleasant dreams of your big dinner in Tokyo.

Fact is, there will never be a line at this Supercharger. And there will be many more of these. Never gonna happen. Physically impossible. End of story. Move along now, someone else is buying you dinner... :p

RT

P.S. Did I mention: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...

I posted in the Barstow thread about how once they expanded to 16 stalls there would never be a line of cars waiting to charge. I offered a free dinner to whomever posted a picture of their car waiting in line to charge. No takers yet.

When this 40 STALL station is complete. If you post a picture of 40 occupied stalls, with your car in line, I will:
1. Buy you a Kobe steak dinner...
2. In Tokyo Japan...
3. After flying you there 1st class...

So go ahead and start posting about how the flood of Model 3's will overwhelm the Supercharger network. And have pleasant dreams of your big dinner in Tokyo.

Fact is, there will never be a line at this Supercharger. And there will be many more of these. Never gonna happen. Physically impossible. End of story. Move along now, someone else is buying you dinner... :p

RT

P.S. Did I mention: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...

But, are you counting for Tesla meetups? I could see having more than 40 cars with one of those. Assuming the Model 3 production gets going at a fairly steady rate before the supercharger opens.

There are a lot of Model 3 reservation holders in California wanting to partake in events they've seen Model S owners do.

Sure that's not really fair as it wouldn't be a typical event.