Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted in the Barstow thread about how once they expanded to 16 stalls there would never be a line of cars waiting to charge. I offered a free dinner to whomever posted a picture of their car waiting in line to charge. No takers yet.

When this 40 STALL station is complete. If you post a picture of 40 occupied stalls, with your car in line, I will:
1. Buy you a Kobe steak dinner...
2. In Tokyo Japan...
3. After flying you there 1st class...

So go ahead and start posting about how the flood of Model 3's will overwhelm the Supercharger network. And have pleasant dreams of your big dinner in Tokyo.

Fact is, there will never be a line at this Supercharger. And there will be many more of these. Never gonna happen. Physically impossible. End of story. Move along now, someone else is buying you dinner... :p

RT

P.S. Did I mention: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...

Be careful with your dares. Thanksgiving is coming. Even gas stations get long lines along 5 over the holiday. :)

Also, I'm guessing you don't live in the Bay Area. Everywhere ELSE I've been, I'd think like you do. But here (where there are a lot of Teslas), it is RARE to not find all stalls fulll

But this is cool regardless. I hope you win your bet :)

*chuckle* not that a larger owners club wouldn’t plan just such an excursion to the intersection of Opportunity and Hubris to facilitate the raffling off (for a good cause) such a magnificent offer...

That said, El Magnifico up yonder is right - there is noooooo danger of getting overrun by Model 3s for years yet. I’ve provided the math in previous posts.

I stand corrected and confused
That’ll make for an interesting fight in court, because from what I know it is against the law to park in a handicap without appropriate placard.
And being told you can do something illegal by someone else is not going to make for a good court argument.
Many Supercharger locations have one space with the signage - I've visited over 400 locations in the US and Canada, and seen it quite often. I notice it because I often inadvertently park in that spot because it's an end spot - I often don't notice the sign until I'm plugged in. Usually it's been at a location where I'm the only Tesla, and I'm staying with the car anyway, so I don't move. A couple of times I've moved if I was leaving the car to go get something to eat.

I had never heard of that. Wow. I read What Is Nitro Coffee - Nitro Coffee Explained and Nitro cold brew coffee - Wikipedia

This Supercharger site is blowing my mind.
I get it frequently at San Jose's Bird Ave Chevron by I-280. Bad neighborhood. Chevron run by a very forward-thinking store owner. I've had too much of that Nitro stuff. I find it to be way too powerful; I think it has some alternate ingredients. I've retracted back to my assortment of Puerto Rican coffees that I brew at home, but it means I have to make extra batches every morning to pack for later if needed. (If I had known about the hurricane before it happened, I would have stockpiled; they won't have coffee for a long time since I bought it, since many coffee farms were damaged.) Anyway, for a once in a while on-the-road drink, I think Nitro is perfect; not so much of that that it would build up in your system and give you trouble like it has me. It is cold, so you don't have to take a trip to the ice machine with regular coffee. But it tastes awful.

Has this been posted yet?

Attachments

• Kettleman CA.jpg
    Kettleman CA.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 231
I noticed the nav shows this location, but Bay area to LA didn't have me stop at Kettleman even though it's the best stop (uses the most of my 90d battery). It still routed me to Harris Ranch. I'm guessing the routing wasn't updated, as an FYI. I manually added it as my destination and it's a perfect mid way to LA stop.

I noticed the nav shows this location, but Bay area to LA didn't have me stop at Kettleman even though it's the best stop (uses the most of my 90d battery). It still routed me to Harris Ranch. I'm guessing the routing wasn't updated, as an FYI. I manually added it as my destination and it's a perfect mid way to LA stop.

Yeah there’s still a little funkiness with the nav. When I tried to route there on Weds it wanted me to go 20 miles out of my way to Harris Ranch to charge for 10 minutes before proceeding to Kettleman City.

I was just there today on my way up from Las Vegas. Stopped by the Baker Supercharger earlier but it was still closed.

The Kettleman lounge is nice. There's a bathroom outside that has a keypad you can use to open the door. The lounge has the same keypad to get in. Half the people there didn't know how to get in at first. The lady inside was really helpful and showed them where to find their code on the nav map.

The lady there said they have staff there from 8am to around 8-8:30pm. There's also free wifi. I saw vending machines inside. I guess it's for when there's no staff and you want something to eat/drink.

I hope they put more of these around.

Attachments

• 20171117_171108.jpg
    20171117_171108.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 189
  • 20171117_170834.jpg
    20171117_170834.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 20171117_170714.jpg
    20171117_170714.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 20171117_170325.jpg
    20171117_170325.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 180
  • 20171117_170330.jpg
    20171117_170330.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 20171117_170139.jpg
    20171117_170139.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 20171117_170231.jpg
    20171117_170231.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 20171117_170757.jpg
    20171117_170757.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 20171117_170054.jpg
    20171117_170054.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 174
Kettleman makes a great stop between LA and SF. Grabbed McD’s for the kids before parking to charge, ate as a family inside the lounge. Bathroom readily accessible inside as well. Kids’ toys were permanently mounted too high on the wall for the age range they are appropriate for. Nitro cold brew was great for me.

This now flagship site really turned out nicely. Not since Burger King tried red and white checked tablecloths and candles for the dinner crowd back in the day have I seen a (former) fast food property so nicely appointed.

Maybe Tesla could finagle an extra pop up in Nav to educate first-time Kettleman visitors with regard to the access code? Either that or have it appear in red? Something...

Reactions: ElectrifyAB