Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You didn't stop at the Baker supercharger as well? That's also a "big one"!

As a matter of fact, we DID stop at the Baker supercharger! It was our last stop before Las Vegas. The Baker facility is certainly a monster with 40-stalls. Ran into a SpaceX employee driving his 3-week old Model 3 while plugged in there.

Tip - for images too large to upload here, try an external image host such as imgur.com - you can upload there and then post the link in the thread!

Thanks for the tip! I'll give imgur.com a shot.

Unfortunately I took panoramic shots of the 40-stalls and the interior of the lounge, and the TMC site won't allow me to upload those.

Thanks Chuq for the tip! Here are a couple of pano shots of the Kettleman City facility. Amazing!

EEXmKJO.jpg

gry54Rh.jpg

You didn't stop at the Baker supercharger as well? That's also a "big one"!

Here's a shot of the Baker Supercharger at night.

l284VTq.jpg

I defied my navigation recommendation and plowed forward the extra 20-25 miles to Kettleman City. Boy am I glad I did! Talk about an incredible 'Welcome to Tesla' moment!
Welcome, and glad you had such a positive experience at Kettleman City. I hope the other Supercharger locations are not a letdown for you. ;) All the Superchargers are wonderful to have! Over time there will be more like Kettleman City.

Why don’t you start a thread about your first Tesla road trip in this forum? Mountain/Southwest

Reactions: Chuq
(Moderator note: this post started a separate thread about this Supercharger location. It and the responses to it were merged with the longstanding existing thread of 600+ posts).
7118E3F2-600E-470C-BD13-5E10183EA466.jpeg
Hi,
In case you are in California and haven’t been yet, the supercharger station at Kettleman City is very nice. This the halfway point on the 5 between LA and SF. There is an espresso bar that is open until 8, WiFi, space to relax indoors and vending machines for late hours. When you arrive you get an entry code that lets you come inside. They say it used to be a Burger King but it’s very nice. Check it out if you happen to be coming by.

Attachments

• 556FF887-A226-469D-823E-E749614A09DE.jpeg
    556FF887-A226-469D-823E-E749614A09DE.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 130
  • ED00CC1C-5DB2-4EEB-8A26-85F51D2D83B0.jpeg
    ED00CC1C-5DB2-4EEB-8A26-85F51D2D83B0.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 265912 Hi,
In case you are in California and haven’t been yet, the supercharger station at Kettleman City is very nice. This the halfway point on the 5 between LA and SF. There is an espresso bar that is open until 8, WiFi, space to relax indoors and vending machines for late hours. When you arrive you get an entry code that lets you come inside. They say it used to be a Burger King but it’s very nice. Check it out if you happen to be coming by.
Mods, please move to Supercharger - Kettleman City (LIVE 11-15-2017, 40 stalls)

Omg, those cups are awesome. How many people have asked for extras, one wonders.. ;-)

Reactions: e-FTW
The same for Vallejo when they added the newer chargers. They have two spots designated as such. When I arrived all the paired stalls were in use so I used that last :). I sat in the car the whole time so I was prepared to move if needed.

Sorry if I am misreading, but are you saying that there is a Supercharger open in Vallejo, CA? Tesla website says it's coming soon: Vallejo, CA | Tesla