Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if that Supercharger usage screen deserves its own thread. Kettleman City isn't the only place where one can view it and take a picture (Seaside has been mentioned before, and I have personally seen it at Dublin).

Bruce.

Bruce you read my mind! :D I was reading through that recent series of posts thinking “This topic really needs it’s own thread”, created the thread and moved those posts, then came back to this thread and saw your post.

Moderator note: see Top 10 Superchargers based on Tesla screen at Kettleman City and other locations

Going forward, please post about the Kettleman City Supercharger display screen in the lounge in that new thread. Thank you.

Does anyone have a link to what amenities and/or nearby eating establishments are around the various I-5 Corridor superchargers.
Go to the nav in your Tesla. Search to bring up the area where the Supercharger is that you want to know more about. Tap the icon. Read the information displayed in the pop up window.

As @Mediocrates noted, you can do the same thing on the Tesla website Find Us page, see Tesla page.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to what amenities and/or nearby eating establishments are around the various I-5 Corridor superchargers.

Attachments

• 7635B792-347B-453E-887F-07B9674EABEA.png
    7635B792-347B-453E-887F-07B9674EABEA.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 94
  • AAED1B2A-24C9-48E8-9800-23BCE26760AE.png
    AAED1B2A-24C9-48E8-9800-23BCE26760AE.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for all the response. What I really wanted was a list of superchargers and then if there is a starbucks, what food options are nearby and about how proximate things are. The tesla site doesn't really indicate the alternative food options and proximity, the nav map is fine but one has to pan around a lot and zoom to various levels to get clarity on what is directly available and google maps at least doesn't always find "supercharger" and/or "tesla supercharge" often shows no results. It's odd.

Anyhow, that list on the tesla forums is about as best as I could find for what I was looking for. Sadly, it's not too updated. It would be nice if that google doc was regularly updated with similar information. Maybe someone will take that up.

Reactions: KJD
Thanks for all the response. What I really wanted was a list of superchargers and then if there is a starbucks, what food options are nearby and about how proximate things are. The tesla site doesn't really indicate the alternative food options and proximity, the nav map is fine but one has to pan around a lot and zoom to various levels to get clarity on what is directly available and google maps at least doesn't always find "supercharger" and/or "tesla supercharge" often shows no results. It's odd.

Anyhow, that list on the tesla forums is about as best as I could find for what I was looking for. Sadly, it's not too updated. It would be nice if that google doc was regularly updated with similar information. Maybe someone will take that up.
Maybe you should take it up :)

Something like Chargerville ?

Something like Chargerville ?
okay, that is pretty neat and darn close to what I was looking for. Even has the distance of the various options in FT from the SC.

Odd that some of the SC's on the site though don't show how many stalls there are (and I don't just mean available active/inactive stalls since well nothing but the in car app shows that data).

And it's also odd that something like Kettleman City isn't listed? I wonder has it not been updated in a while?

Nice find, is this something you are involved with? Would love to see an API into the car in the future.

update: yeah, now that I look it appears it hasn't been updated in a WHILE from an available SC standpoint. Hopefully, the owner will start to make some updates.

okay, that is pretty neat and darn close to what I was looking for. Even has the distance of the various options in FT from the SC.

Odd that some of the SC's on the site though don't show how many stalls there are (and I don't just mean available active/inactive stalls since well nothing but the in car app shows that data).

And it's also odd that something like Kettleman City isn't listed? I wonder has it not been updated in a while?

Nice find, is this something you are involved with? Would love to see an API into the car in the future.

update: yeah, now that I look it appears it hasn't been updated in a WHILE from an available SC standpoint. Hopefully, the owner will start to make some updates.
I remember hearing about that site when it first came out (and had considered creating a similar site before I found it). Maybe email them to ask about it? It definitely had potential.

Hi Everyone. Been back and forth from N to S in California several times this summer. Been through Kettleman perhaps a dozen or more times. I just want to give a shout out to an unsung hero in the lounge there. If you have been more than 1-2 times during the day, you have probably seen her. She is the housekeeping lady. Always there and always cleaning. Why is it so spotless despite dozens of people going through there? So much activity going on every day with people eating all kinds of food, kids running around, papers dropped, etc. She cleans the water fountain all the time. Sweeps the floor. Wipes the counters tirelessly. Yet, no one ever talks with her. Today I finally did. Sweet lady. So surprised and excited to have someone talk to her. Just say hi next time you are there. Say thank you. Whatever, just let her know she is appreciated. She loves her job and loves Teslas. She does it extremely well. Her name is Noy.