Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted in the Barstow thread about how once they expanded to 16 stalls there would never be a line of cars waiting to charge. I offered a free dinner to whomever posted a picture of their car waiting in line to charge. No takers yet.

When this 40 STALL station is complete. If you post a picture of 40 occupied stalls, with your car in line, I will:
1. Buy you a Kobe steak dinner...
2. In Tokyo Japan...
3. After flying you there 1st class...

So go ahead and start posting about how the flood of Model 3's will overwhelm the Supercharger network. And have pleasant dreams of your big dinner in Tokyo.

Fact is, there will never be a line at this Supercharger. And there will be many more of these. Never gonna happen. Physically impossible. End of story. Move along now, someone else is buying you dinner... :p

RT

P.S. Did I mention: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...

Everyone reading this thread: I will give you $50 each to show up in Kettleman city on a specific date

One of the photos of the site seems to show that it is an abandoned gas station. Oh, the irony...

screen-shot-2017-06-27-at-9-02-21-pm-e1498611865617.png

Everyone reading this thread: I will give you $50 each to show up in Kettleman city on a specific date

Sorry, no gaming the system for free Kobe beef steak.

I reserve right to contact my Eastern European friends to collect all electronic communication (Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, etc.) required to verify that my contest has not been gamed. I will, of course, filter out any accidentally acquired political E-mail and make sure they get to the proper authorities :p

RT

P.S. going to be very interesting to see whether this site and the Model 3 support faster charging. I'll start saving up for those plane tickets in the mean time just in case...

Stopped here many times using 41 from Fresno to the coast.

Bravo Farms is always fun.

One bad part is that since everyone is driving, it is pretty hard to walk from one restaurant to another, even from the McDonalds to the In-n-out, which are adjacent. One day, when the car can park on its own, that wont be an issue. But for now, Tesla should work with the city to ensure that the walking route from their chargers to the In-n-out is safe. The traffic signal is not set up to allow pedestrians to cross in a friendly way, and theres also a bit of a grade (hill) leading to the in-n-out. There are sidewalks but theyre not well maintained.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
Given the Model 3 is only 215 miles, if you live in Orange County or Inland Empire, no way you can make it to Kettleman in a single car. You are looking about 190 usable miles w/o hitting close to buffer zone. Not to mention battery degradation over the years.

You have stop by Tejon Ranch. So that might be the in need of major expansion as well...

2017-07-12_16-17-40.png

• Informative
Reactions: Tam