Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King George, VA - Owens Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great find!

Added to supercharge.info as Dahlgren, VA. I note Google Maps puts it as King George, and Tesla's findus map has a King George location and not a Dahlgren location. However I've used Dahlgren, given that's what Lanny used and locals know their area.

Is this pending location new? I don’t remember seeing it on the map before.

9D8129CD-CAF8-41AC-B785-ACDE2BDB49FC.png

I don’t think I saw it before, but if it ends up close to 301 it’ll be pretty useful for bypassing the whole DC area. The jump from Glen Allen to Grasonville along 301 was doable, but a bit tight in some cars and climate conditions.

I don’t think I saw it before, but if it ends up close to 301 it’ll be pretty useful for bypassing the whole DC area. The jump from Glen Allen to Grasonville along 301 was doable, but a bit tight in some cars and climate conditions.

Is 301 better than the dumpster fire via 95 or 1? Because every time I come visit my parents in WIlliamsburg, I basically yell "f*ck fredericksburg" for that whole stretch.

Is 301 better than the dumpster fire via 95 or 1? Because every time I come visit my parents in WIlliamsburg, I basically yell "f*ck fredericksburg" for that whole stretch.

I’ve only done the leg down to Glen Allen once, and that time happened to coincide with a tree blocking the road after a storm so I got a delay anyway.

But yeah, I prefer it. Lower speed limits and fewer lanes, so might not be great for rushing, but much more scenic and (aside from my tree problem) not nearly as backed up by traffic.

I’ve done the upper half across the Delmarva peninsula dozens of times. I worry about hitting deer there, but it’s a much easier drive than 95 through Baltimore to DC, if a little longer and slower.

Reactions: Xenius
This is a perfect location for our trips from southern Illinois to southern Maryland when we visit our grandkids. This is about 67 miles from their house, we can pop in and charge up to 80% and have more than enough range to get there and back and still run errands etc without fear of needing to charge on a wall outlet. The last SC we would hit prior to this was in Richmond.

I see that this one is planned for 2020 at a Sheetz in King George, VA. Any intel on its status? I'm planning a trip to visit family on the Northern Neck, and getting from northern VA to there and back will be a stretch if it's cold and I don't top off at the Fredericksburg supercharger.

Ah, that's a bummer. That's pretty far out of my way when heading back. It puts a charger about 12 miles closer than Fredericksburg when heading home, but I'd have to plan ahead for that as it's on the other side of the Rappahannock.

Still good to see them expanding, but it would be nice to have one out on the northern neck. That said, the population is pretty sparse, so they'd be catering only to a small number of people.

Leading Edge Services, Tesla's primary contractor for Supercharger construction in Virginia, has recently posted two tickets to begin marking the parking spots at this Sheetz in Dahlgren, VA:
Construction could be starting soon.
safe bet. same pattern we saw when they did the work at Farmville.

This is going to be a great addition to the area. There is almost no charging infrastructure on the peninsulas south of the Potomac and the Rappahannock. I drove from Solomons to Deltaville to visit a friend and the round-trip was pretty difficult.

It would be nice to have another one down at Tappahannock but I'm not holding my breath ;)

If Electrify America could get in the area as well that'd be fantastic.

upload_2020-10-6_11-19-50.png