Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King George, VA - Owens Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by today. Charger is on the western edge of the parking lot. My guess is that these spots will ice over once open.
EAFF5AC3-A5E3-4E2D-8705-9727236FF21E.jpeg
33E4BBB1-8D32-4044-9229-7498A3CE98AC.jpeg

If I'm seeing that correctly, it's going to be here? That seems like the most logical place.

I think people get uppity about the parking spaces. Yes they'll probably get blocked occasionally, but usually the signs say "30 minute general parking" which means anyone can park there for 30 minutes. I've also seen at busy EV charging areas that locals become accustomed to them quickly and genuinely try to leave them open.

That said, I was at a Supercharger fairly recently that had 6 of the 8 stalls in use and a non-Tesla owner parked in one, unloaded a bicycle, wandered into the bushes/equipment boxes to change cloths (instead of going into the Sheetz bathrooms), and then left for a bike ride on his bicycle. I'm certain he was gone more than 30 minutes leaving his car blocking a charger. Otherwise that's a pathetically short bike ride ;)

Capture.PNG

• Funny
Reactions: jthompson
I want to be an optimist, but given these are V3 chargers, I'm guessing the average charging session will be 15 to 20 minutes so even if a spot of two get ICE'd a charger will come available quickly.

That sounds about right. Used v3 few times and it’s definitely faster than v2 at lower SoC’s. Also it’s a myth that all stalls will be able to do 250kwh.

I landed at Williamsport, PA SC around 5% SoC when 5/8 were full. I only got around 135kwh.

That sounds about right. Used v3 few times and it’s definitely faster than v2 at lower SoC’s. Also it’s a myth that all stalls will be able to do 250kwh.

I landed at Williamsport, PA SC around 5% SoC when 5/8 were full. I only got around 135kwh.

kW, not kWh. And you’re right - there is still throttling when the stations are under high load. Adding solar and battery storage will alleviate that.

Reactions: LoudMusic