Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got back from a mini road trip this past weekend to surprise my mom for mother's day (drove up from Hampton Roads, VA) and was shocked at how there wasn't a supercharger in that King of Prussia Delaware/Chester county area. A serious void!! I wasn't about to travel into Philadelphia for a puny urban SuC, along with the parking garage access fees :(

Planning ahead I used the Claymont SuC on my way into the region, and took a nice walk around/extended lunch at KoP midway through my trip, but would've loved a rapid ability to get back to 80-90 for the in-region driving.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. Tesla's website only mentions a target date of 2019.

Crazy king of Prussia/west of philly doesn’t have a supercharger. Any information on when we may get one??
What's even crazier is that Blink installed stations on the Penna turnpike years ago (state grant) and that Electrify America managed to install stations on the mall proper. Sure both are with varying success, the stations often don't werk and that part of the mall parking is a complete zoo.
You are asking the wrong people here, call Tesla, tweet Elon, bug the sales people at Devon.

Reactions: madodel
Sales people at Devon have zero say in SC placement.
Nothing sells Teslas like a Supercharger full with them, curious passes by asking questions and seeing the range increasing in real-time. They are the “Tesla doesn’t advertise” part of the equation. Sales people’s jobs rather depends on that and they do give feedback up the chain.

From Reddit, per Tesla employees at the mall store, a V3 SuC is going to be built near Valley Forge exit. Was going to be at the mall but was delayed and moved to be V3 and V3 is too fast for use at mall.

Be careful with this, Tesla employees at the mall store are frequently LESS aware of change from the top than we are.

From Reddit, per Tesla employees at the mall store, a V3 SuC is going to be built near Valley Forge exit. Was going to be at the mall but was delayed and moved to be V3 and V3 is too fast for use at mall.

Also spoke to a Tesla employee at KOP mall store and stated that a V3 SC will be at the Whole Foods - Plymouth Meeting location; possibly a permit has been submitted/approved already. Not sure how accurate that may be or if anyone else heard similarly.

Duy

Other folks have heard that, and I'll say the same thing again. I'd be cautious about taking anything from the mall store employees as gospel. Because they told me back in 2016, 2017, and 2018 that that supercharger was going in.
I was at the KOP mall yesterday and asked the "tech guys at the back of the store" about the supercharging situation. They made it sound like the chargers at Whole Food at Plymouth Meeting was a done deal. They said chargers at the mall were a definite no. I mentioned the Wegmans in KOP and they said they have a good relationship with Wegmans so that could happen. They also mentioned chargers at a rest stop along the turnpike. That's the first I've heard of that being an option.

Tesla has an established relationship with Wegman's?! As in charging stations deployed at (powered by) Wegman's?! Where?
My local Tesla stores (Tyco Rd and Tysons Corner Mall) say just the opposite, there is a separate group at Tesla responsible for Supercharger deployment and the store folks are nor privy to the plans, often hear from customers instead where a new supercharger has appeared. Go to the website for opened and planned locations. They were not aware for example that a permit was approved by Fairfax county for a supercharger at the mall over a year ago but was never picked up by Tesla. Rumors abound as to why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenius