TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Mirlen, Sep 11, 2017.

1. smithg13

smithg13 Member

I saw some utility trucks in the parking lot behind Wegmans last week. I asked one of the workers if they were installing superchargers for Tesla. The guy said "What's a supercharger and what's a Tesla?". <sigh>

• Informative x 1
  2. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

I guess that was a no. ;)

• Funny x 3
  3. Blitz3RS

Blitz3RS Member

So I just got back from a mini road trip this past weekend to surprise my mom for mother's day (drove up from Hampton Roads, VA) and was shocked at how there wasn't a supercharger in that King of Prussia Delaware/Chester county area. A serious void!! I wasn't about to travel into Philadelphia for a puny urban SuC, along with the parking garage access fees :(

Planning ahead I used the Claymont SuC on my way into the region, and took a nice walk around/extended lunch at KoP midway through my trip, but would've loved a rapid ability to get back to 80-90 for the in-region driving.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. Tesla's website only mentions a target date of 2019.

• Like x 2
  4. Rodcom

Rodcom New Member

Crazy king of Prussia/west of philly doesn’t have a supercharger. Any information on when we may get one??

5. vdiv

vdiv Chief Grump

What's even crazier is that Blink installed stations on the Penna turnpike years ago (state grant) and that Electrify America managed to install stations on the mall proper. Sure both are with varying success, the stations often don't werk and that part of the mall parking is a complete zoo.
    You are asking the wrong people here, call Tesla, tweet Elon, bug the sales people at Devon.

• Like x 1
  6. model3fan

model3fan Member

Sales people at Devon have zero say in SC placement.

• Like x 1
  7. vdiv

vdiv Chief Grump

Nothing sells Teslas like a Supercharger full with them, curious passes by asking questions and seeing the range increasing in real-time. They are the “Tesla doesn’t advertise” part of the equation. Sales people’s jobs rather depends on that and they do give feedback up the chain.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  8. efithian

efithian Member

Are we not supposed to say that there is a Supercharger at the Devon store?

9. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

I was told that all Service Centers are supposed to have at least one SuperCharger within the service area for testing purposes. They are not for public use though so telling people would just confuse things.

10. aaomidi

aaomidi Member

I want Tesla to tell us what the holdup is. If its KoP/Montgomery TWP blocking it let us know who to contact and protest.

• Like x 1
  11. aaomidi

aaomidi Member

Well I ended up moving out of state. Best of luck to all of you . It'll probably still be under permit when I come back in a couple of years.